• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just sell?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
First two Saiyuki boxes for $20 each. Pretty awesome considering I payed $5 a disc six years ago Very Happy
archaron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
Nice job on that sale. Did you sell them on ebay?
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote
I just sold the (almost) full run of Shonen Jump USA (issues 0 through last month, sans one) for $38. A bad deal? Perhaps- but someone a few miles north just got a pretty cool Christmas gift, and I got to free up a LOT of storage space, without having to try and ship the thing through the post office. I'm not complaining. (Actually, now I'm debating on if I want to sell the complete Shojo Beat set, too...)
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Nice job on that sale. Did you sell them on ebay?

Craigslist. I'm trying to liquidate all my stuff locally before I resort to eBay. The fees kill me. PayPal processing on top of listing is just ridiculous. I'd rather drive 10 miles to drop it off and get cash in hand. I've been getting a surprising amount of emails too. I posted the ad a week ago and I'm getting two mails a day.

I do use eBay for collectors items though. I sold an entire set of Sailor Moon manga for just under $300 the other day. I've seen them go for more but it's still $240 profit.

DuelLadyS wrote:
I just sold the (almost) full run of Shonen Jump USA (issues 0 through last month, sans one) for $38. A bad deal? Perhaps- but someone a few miles north just got a pretty cool Christmas gift, and I got to free up a LOT of storage space, without having to try and ship the thing through the post office. I'm not complaining. (Actually, now I'm debating on if I want to sell the complete Shojo Beat set, too...)

That's a pretty dope deal. I'm having a bitch of a time selling any of my comics. I'm asking $3 a mint condition manga volume and people still want cheaper. Amazon's shipping is more than that! Jeez.
population_tire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:

YOU'RE INSANE.
I'd probably be incredibly jealous if I didn't already own all of them as well.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
YOU'RE INSANE.
I'd probably be incredibly jealous if I didn't already own all of them as well.

I'm not insane- I'm overstocked. You when I started getting/keeping gaming and anime magazines? 1994. And I can tell you right now, it's frickin' hard to find storage space for 15 years worth of various publications, on top of a thousand DVDs, 375 manga, and 400 videogames over 15 systems. So I've been paring down the magazines- considering I get the back issues out only once every year or two, it's a lot of space being used up by something I don't do anything with.

Shonen Jump was an easy choice to eliminate- between me and my fiance, we own almost everything that's run in Shonen Jump over the years anyway, so it was pretty reundant to have them. I put up a general 'make an offer' post on a region-specific anime/gaming forum, and got 1 interested party. So, they got it. Now I enjoy my extra space an decide what goes next if nessecary (I have Shojo Beat, Newtype USA, and the issues of PSM from the early years with the hand-drawn covers. Game Players I keep- it may be the oldest, but it means the most to me!)
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Mushi-shi vol. 1 with artbox. Due to ebay's crappy new layout, I only got $20 off of it... Sad Still, I managed to make $15...

Now I just need to wait for the right time to sell that Paranoia Agent artbox... Very Happy
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote
AJMkarate717 wrote:
Now I just need to wait for the right time to sell that Paranoia Agent artbox... Very Happy

Is it just the artbox with a single volume or the complete series with the artbox that you are planning to sell? If you have the entire series w/artbox I have seen it go up to $100 on ebay as its OOP. My suggestion is to put it up for sale in December as people are looking to spend their money for X-mas gifts. I sold some OOP anime titles last December and made almost $800 in profits. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quote
I'm jumping the gun in this thread because I haven't actually sold them yet, but Love Hina and Blue Seed are two of the latest titles on the chopping block. Love Hina I loathed and Blue Seed was okay, but I don't see myself ever watching it again.

There's a secondhand bookstore (that also sells DVDs, obviously) I know that usually pays about $2 per disc and that's where I sell.

Other titles I'm mulling over to sell: Agent Aika, Aika R*16, Magikano!, Master of Martial Hearts, Planetes and Record of Lodoss War. Again, my instinct is that none of those will be re-watches, but for some reason I can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quote
About two months ago, I sold a significant portion of my figure collection on Craigslist at a significant loss. Much like the reason of DuelLadyS, space was indeed a major factor.

The last time all my figures were displayed together was 15 years ago, when I moved out of my apartment.

I believe I have around 50 figures left remaining, but some will remain keepers no matter what (they'll also be buried with my dead ass).

In exchange for all these has been my purchase of Max Factory's figma line. Not as well detailed as the scaled models, but does just enough to make me smile at less than half the space taken.

I'll say one thing: selling blows, even if out of necessity. There's always going to be that regret feeling, no matter how awful the thing is.

Oh well. Life will always interfere with the desires of an anime fan. 30 years has proven this more than enough times to me.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Traded in my Shakugan no Shana singles to FYE and they gave me $3.25 a disc! I was like WTF! I wish they had that nice complete collection...
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I am going to follow in your footsteps DuelLadyS and PetrifiedJello. I am probably going to take a good amount of manga and some random anime singles and sell them at Half Price Books. The items are serving no purpose for me and I could use the money I get for something else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Other titles I'm mulling over to sell: Agent Aika, Aika R*16, Magikano!, Master of Martial Hearts, Planetes and Record of Lodoss War. Again, my instinct is that none of those will be re-watches, but for some reason I can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet.

If you do plan to sell the following I bolded, how much would you be wanting for them? I'd be very interested in taking them off your hands if you do decide to sell them. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
For sure, Rukiia, I'll contact you via PM if and when I decide to sell.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Thank you kindly. Anime smallmouth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10