• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Liked the music more than the anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
bakabakadeshi wrote:
quite out of topic, but how come ANN hasn't reported yet about K-ON LIVE EVENT 2?? it's been announced last oct. 25th.

• First of all, welcome aboard!
  • Second of all, your question is indeed off-topic (Not just for this particular thread, but for this particular sub-forum as well!); you should repost it here.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote
rosario+vampire. dont care much for this anime adaption, but i did really like the music.
chachaboru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:54 am Reply with quote
Inuyasha, i really like every heart!!
shugo chara, the songs are really cute!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The 1st and 3rd openings are some of favorite of all time, but I think the series is nothing special.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Everything Kajiura has scored for. The poor woman, every anime she's been involved with is so awful. It's almost like she only takes jobs for bad shows.

.hack//SIGN, for instance. A travesty. But the soundtrack is great.

Can't argue that, love her work but man some of those shows are bad.

Escafowne is one of mine, not that I think it's a bad show but it never really clicked with me. Love the soundtrack though, one of Yoko Kanno's best.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Ouch so many .hack//SIGN Haters. I think I do like Mai-Hime's score a bit more than the series, though I thought the series was pretty good for what it was worth. Someone mentioned Avenger which was drab and boring but Ali Project's music was surprisingly good. I don't really like Ali Project either.
gundam83

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
Xam'd

Dropped this anime after just 5 episodes, but the opening song is really catchy!lol
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The 1st and 3rd openings are some of favorite of all time, but I think the series is nothing special.

Absolutely! That OP is one of my all-time favorites, but the show? Just "kinda good".

I might make some people mad, but T-OY was pretty boring except for its WICKED soundtrack.
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I'd also put Neon Genesis Evangelion in the same category though I'd probably get crucified for that.

I see what you did there.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quote
Noir for me. The show was mostly entertaining I guess but I remember it feeling like a bit of a slog to get through. I did like the music more than the anime even if I didn't think the soundtrack was spectacular (a good piece being repeated ad nauseam over 26 episodes will hamper your opinion of it).

There are quite a few animes that I love the soundtrack for but I also really like the series in general.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Everything Kajiura has scored for. The poor woman, every anime she's been involved with is so awful. It's almost like she only takes jobs for bad shows.

Tsubasa Chronicle is honestly one of the worst shows I've ever wasted my time on but the soundtrack is gorgeous. .hack//Sign was just mediocre.
validclicks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote
Music, music, music. Both series have great music scores to keep you entertained, not to mention the underlining drama that eats away at each character. Even if you're not a fan of the drama, you'll probably end up enjoying the music in some sense
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Someday's Dreamers has a really good soundtrack (particularly if you like Celtic-like music), but I never could bring myself to finish the anime. I'm pretty sure it's the only show where I bought both the soundtrack and all of the DVD's, but never finished watching the show.
anLii3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Me, I find K-On!'s music way better than the storyline, which is random. I love their songs Very Happy

*Fude pen fufu Furuneru fufu Hajimari kimieno greeting card*
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I agree with all the previous mentions of Tsubasa (I really wanted to like that show, but the glacial pacing made it so very dull, something that the manga for all its faults could never be accused of), but I'm a little surprised no one mentioned its sister show, xxxHolic. I love Suga Shikao's openings for the first and second seasons, and well as the nicely atmospheric score by the S.E.N.S Project, but sadly they can't fully distract me from the shockingly cheap animation.

The same can be said for the movie, although the animation is at least a little better (even if the plot is basically a feature-length episode), but the score by Saito Tsuneyoshi is gorgeous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5