• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bartender Manga Gets TV Show with Arashi's Masaki Aiba

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Woudn't a live-action Bartender basically be Cheers?! Laughing
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
I think Bartender is the only anime that ever made me want to drink in a good way. Unfortunately there's no shortage of shows that make me want to drink in a bad way.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
I wish somebody would license the anime version over here.

It'll never happen, for various reasons, but it was pretty enjoyable.

Also, I'm more of a Ninomiya Kazunari fan, myself. I liked him in Yamada Taro Monogatari.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
I thought the anime was brilliant for its change of pace from the norm. A great little character study and the thoughts on alcohol were rather fascinating. I'll definitely have to give the LA a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Also, I'm more of a Ninomiya Kazunari fan, myself. I liked him in Yamada Taro Monogatari.
I thought he & Sho were the bright spots in an otherwise... eh, less-than-stellar drama (the main female character of the show drove me up the wall so any so-called "romance" was lost on me).

I'm interested in seeing Aiba's acting skills though. He seems a bit underused in dramas, at least compared to his Arashi bandmates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1