• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Super Robot Chogokin Alt Eisen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
UltimateGespenstKick

I just have to say it: The anime version, while still good, just has that "I've been practicing" vibe to it... Especially when compared to his original version from the PS2 OGs game. Now THAT'S the scream of the man who can break microphones solely through his voice!

Anyway, it definitely is neat to see a "mini-Chogokin" line. While I'm kind of done with buying models I have to say that it definitely looks nice.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Quote:
UltimateGespenstKick

I just have to say it: The anime version, while still good, just has that "I've been practicing" vibe to it... Especially when compared to his original version from the PS2 OGs game. Now THAT'S the scream of the man who can break microphones solely through his voice!

Anyway, it definitely is neat to see a "mini-Chogokin" line. While I'm kind of done with buying models I have to say that it definitely looks nice.

I mostly used the anime clip for the "SHOUT NOW" onscreen display. Now that's engineering!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
To me the "Shout Now!" part is a sign that the staff of The Inspector get what Super Robot Wars is all about, having a blast while getting in a good solid story.

As for the model itself, while I wish the revolver stake canister wasn't plastic, the rest of the model looks great. Super Robot Wars has some of the best mecha designs (even the mass produced Gespent Mk II M looks fantastic) so it's no surprise that the model's would look this good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1