• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Shin Koihime†Musō & Otome Tairan, AkaSaka

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loplop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Very nicely surprised to see Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka licensed. I'll be placing an order as soon as the Dark Lord gets it available on his site.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Akane-Iro is such a train wreck. I look back over some of the shows I've watched, especially from when I first started watching anime, and I question myself every time how I finished that AND watched the OVA. I really did consume just about anything when I was a newer fan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
At least we now know why it took so long to release Guin Saga.

Press Release wrote:
Title: GUIN SAGA COLLECTION 1
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 3/29/2011
Format: DVD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98

Title: GUIN SAGA COLLECTION 1 BLU-RAY EDITION
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 3/29/2011
Format: BD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: He awakens in the dark forest of a mythical land with some type of leopard mask that he cannot remove. The only thing he remembers is his name - Guin - and that he is a warrior of unimaginable power. And when the two twins of Parros, innocent victims of a civil war arrive, Guin knows what he must do. But the journey to save the children means much more than just slaughtering a few hundred well-trained Mongoul soldiers. Victory means he must battle magical desert tribes, assemble forces that have fought each other for hundreds of hears, and divine a mysterious plan that he is central to. Prepare for a sweeping anime epic of mystery and magic! Of violent clashes and dark double-crosses. Ready yourself for the battle with GUIN SAGA.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Update: The company has confirmed with ANN that the Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka collection will include the 12-episode TV series as well as the one-episode OAV

Have you asked about Otome Tairan too? The runtime seems to indicate 13 episodes, so they may have the OAV for it too.

Now that I've noticed, the press release actually seems to show Shin Koihime Musou (the second series) and not Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Tairan (the third series). I'm guessing they really meant the former. Wouldn't make much sense to release third before second...

EDIT: Never mind on this. Seems everything is clarified now. :)

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I'll probably get both at some point.

Although I do wish that they would branch out a bit and get more shows thats aren't ecchi and/or harem (which is what the majority of their new licenses have been lately).
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Akane-Iro is such a train wreck.

AGREED!!! It started out entertaining, but then delved into suck-ville real quick. Plus, pathetic ending was pathetic. Rolling Eyes

I will own Koihime though, as I have stated I wish someone would give it a mercy license a while back...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Cool about the two Koihime sequels. I assumed they'd be getting these after licensing the first season, but it's nice to get a definite confirmation. The first season is the best imo, but there is still enough in the other two to keep fans like me happy.

Now the question becomes, do I wait a year or so to see if these titles get dubs?
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I was hoping for one of my favorite shows to get licensed as a Christmas surprise, but no such luck. Look's like their going for more of the same with AkaSaka, which sort of sucks. How many harem shows does Section23 need? I guess we know what makes money. At least we've got Guin Saga coming out in March, dubbed and on blu-ray. Very Happy

As for Koihime Muso, I haven't seen the first show and I'm sort of apprehensive about it. I want it to be as entertaining as Taisho Yakyuu Musume, since Section23 seems to be marketing it to the same audience with the slightly feministic angle, but I don't want to be disappointed either. I guess I'll wait for reviews?
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
As for Koihime Muso, I haven't seen the first show and I'm sort of apprehensive about it. I want it to be as entertaining as Taisho Yakyuu Musume, since Section23 seems to be marketing it to the same audience with the slightly feministic angle, but I don't want to be disappointed either. I guess I'll wait for reviews?

Or you could try watching some of the series on crunchyroll to see if you might like it.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah, low-res uncensored (or so I'd hope, after Papillon Rose) versions of Shin Koihime Musou / Otome Tairan! Cool Which is something the fansubbing/ripping scene couldn't be arsed to provide Evil or Very Mad

Though I have to question AkaSaka a bit too, both with the train wreck developments and the marketing as the incomprehensible Japanese title. At least stuff like Hidamari Sketch has an English anchor word, and shows like "Nyan Koi" aren't a multi-word mouthful to say.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka wasnt that bad but its not worth buying if its not dub. But Shin Koihime†Musō they need to dub that its a shame that there not
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh man Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka... Hirano Aya... Kugumiya Rie... how could this go wrong? O wait it did, it was a train wreck haha, in my opinion at least.

Kudos to anyone that wanted it licensed though. Any licensing news is good.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on Sentai, AkaSaka?! That was, hands down, the worst anime I've ever seen. It was as bad as the voice acting staff was good. Seriously, 3 or 4 of the cast were some of my personal favorites, and the others were great in their own right, but that was the only redeeming value the show had. The show had absolutely no other redeeming value to it, but I guess that works in the licensor's favor, since it was probably dirt-cheap to get the license. Laughing
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Oh come on Sentai, AkaSaka?! That was, hands down, the worst anime I've ever seen. It was as bad as the voice acting staff was good. Seriously, 3 or 4 of the cast were some of my personal favorites, and the others were great in their own right, but that was the only redeeming value the show had. The show had absolutely no other redeeming value to it, but I guess that works in the licensor's favor, since it was probably dirt-cheap to get the license. Laughing

I haven't watched any new anime on sky7anime in a long while but I can certainly say that Seikon No Qwaser(and yes, I've seen the uncut version) and this stupid OVA/ONA special about a girl who works out and does everything in front of the camera called "Training Girl Hinako" stupid and very assinine(no pun intended) these 2 are the worst anime titles I've seen in quite sometime.

So what if Section23 picked up a crappy anime title. Funimation is just as guilty *Cough* Platonic Heart *Cough* and please don't get me started on "Dragonaught".
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Akane-Iro is such a train wreck.

AGREED!!! It started out entertaining, but then delved into suck-ville real quick. Plus, pathetic ending was pathetic. Rolling Eyes

I will own Koihime though, as I have stated I wish someone would give it a mercy license a while back...

You obviously haven't seen Platonic Heart. This OVA had so much promise and starts off good but in the end, the plot is just left with way too many holes that never get explained. To add insult to injury, the OVA ends on a GOTDAMN CLIFFHANGER! And the entire thing never gets resolved.

I have never been so insulted in my entire life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3