• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Holiday Special II Part One

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted_the_bear2001

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Just to clarify, The Patlabor that I like is the TV show/OVAs, haven't got around to the movies yet, sadly.

I'm still listening to this but it looks interesting so far.
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
My TOP 5:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

2. Cowboy bebop

3. Death Note

4. Fullmetal Alchemist

5. Cardcaptor Sakura

Last edited by kpk on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Should have gotten in on submitting my top 3 since I can only list my top 3 anime and then it becomes quite variable.
Like somebody else said, it was only asked in the Community forum for Subscribers, so you didn't have much of chance anyway, bro.xD.

Anyway, just finished the 1st half. Bummer that my list didn't get put up, but still a great 1st half anyway--glad to see what's probably my favorite anime, Princess Mononoke, get put Justin's list. Zac's #1 and #2 picks were fine with me, since they're both 2 of my favorites as well. And I half expected Justin to say Summer Wars for his #1, since he loved it so damn much in his review of it. Laughing

But anyway, gonna go listen to the 2nd half now. Good going.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
Should have gotten in on submitting my top 3 since I can only list my top 3 anime and then it becomes quite variable.
Like somebody else said, it was only asked in the Community forum for Subscribers, so you didn't have much of chance anyway, bro.xD.

Also here, btw.

EDIT: Oh, I hear ya, and I can't stand most twits (tweeters, twitterers, whatever). Zac posts enough site-relevant items though that his account is worth keeping an eye on. And, Zac being Zac, many of his non-anime related posts can be pretty entertaining, as well.

Last edited by Takeyo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

Also here, btw.
Exclamation Oh, didn't know. I hate Twitter, though, so no suprise there. Laughing
FaytLein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I was tempted to send up my top three and bottom three anime in the Community thread, but I figured my three picks (One Piece, Bebop and Eva) would be repeated by thousands of people, so meh. And my three worst anime are all mecha shows (Orguss, Great Dangaioh and Devadasy.)

But after hearing Justin and Zac's list, I was pretty suprised that a lot of my personal faves (just not my tops) were on one list or another. I've always feared I have no sense of taste, liking anime that might be mindless mush. So now I feel much better, I might not have crap taste!

As for the movie talk....ehhh, you guys are huge movie fans so its all good, but I'm just not that moved by movie discussions. I did enjoy the screams of anguish over the worst movies, and Dreamcatcher sounds like a horrific trainwreck. Keep up the entertainment everyone, this podcast is one of my weekly faves.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Dragonball Evolution? The Last Airbender? Seriously? What is wrong with people, those were awesome movies. Hell, Airbender was my first 3D Blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.com/Heathcliff-Movie-Mel-Blanc/dp/B00026L7YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1292374959&sr=8-1-spell
Mannequin Two is only in a 2-pack with the first.

Last edited by Otaku_X on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
I did enjoy the screams of anguish over the worst movies, and Dreamcatcher sounds like a horrific trainwreck. Keep up the entertainment everyone, this podcast is one of my weekly faves.

Screams of anguish? To me it sounded like the most fun Justin has had in a while. Hearing Delgo's box office sales "record" had him just reeling... But does he know of the movie that apparently had a box office sale of roughly $3.25?
Sovay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for reading my anime list, mine was the one after Evangelion. I found picking a top 3 to be kind of hard because there are some anime movies that I would place in my list of top 10 films so I tried to limit it just to television shows. I have a hard time choosing which of Satoshi Kon's works is my favorite, probably because I marathoned them all back to back a while ago so none have a nostalgia edge over the others. It's pretty much a 4 way tie with only Tokyo Godfathers being below the others, so by default Paranoia Agent ended up on the list.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Just want to say how awesome you are Justin for mentioning Touch.

I remember liking Mars Attacks when I watched it when it came out. I've never revisited it since, so not sure if it's just nostalgia playing a trick on me.

Still listening...
ThePoliced

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Im sorry, but im no different than most of the anime community, regarding the first two of my picks

1- NGE
2- Cowboy Bebop
3- Martian Successor Nadesico
4- Mushi-shi <- this show is deeper than the freaking ocean
5- Ergo Proxy
6- Haruhi Suzumiya <- I liked this show so much, i hate myself.
7- Dragon Ball Z
8- Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
9- Those who hunt elves
10- Saber Marionette J

Worst Movies of All time
1- Avatar
2- Summer Wars
3- Salt <- Jason Bourne got a sex change
Keyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote
My Top 3:

1. Fantastic Children

2. Noein: To Your Other Self

3. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Loved both 10 ten's but Zac should really needs to watch Brotherhood if he wants more out of Mustang. He really steals the show along with King Bradley.

Another thing that makes Touch hard to watch for new viewers is that the pacing is super slow which makes it hard for people considering the length but goddamn i love that show. Can't wait for the next Cross Game Omnibus.

Last edited by Keyl on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
But does he know of the movie that apparently had a box office sale of roughly $3.25?

Well that's not even possible (unless it's a really really old movie), since ticket prices start at $8 these days. But I think you're referring to the lowest-grossing film in history, Zyzzyx Road, which grossed $30 TOTAL, not per-screen. (You can't really fairly call that a disaster, though, since it was intentionally shown with no marketing at all just once a day at noon at a single theater in Texas to fulfill a contractual obligation.)
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
My Favorite Anime:
1. Ojamajo Doremi (all series)
2. Cardcaptor Sakura (tie)
2. Princess Tutu (tie)
4. Revolutionary Girl Utena
5. Heartcatch PreCure!
6. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (all series)
7. Azumanga Daioh
8. Ouran High School Host Club
9. Kanon 2006
10. Shugo Chara
immortalrite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm somewhat surprised that both Zac and Justin have not seen Higurashi and Darker than Black. They are definitely worth checking out.

I was also surprised that Mushishi was on no one's list: hands down the best anime TV series I have seen to date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7