• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Seitokai no Ichizon, Demonbane Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, first the TV-box thing, now this? Well great for Crunchyroll then. Hope they get more titles soon, like the upcoming Gintama anime.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Demonbane had already been announced, but good to see another title added (even though I've already watched it... guess it saves them bandwidth).
GMSenpai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Good on Crunchyroll, as a faithful android phone owner, I'm thrilled at the announcement of a Crunchyroll app for android.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Demonbane, I think the article should mention that JAST USA is releasing the original eroge that the anime is adapted from in North America (though unfortunately it's been extremely delayed since NitroPlus has been bogged down with a bunch of other projects, and making Demonbane work on Vista for the new release. They were hoping to release it last Summer...I've had it on preorder since then, ah ha ha ha...).

Personally I'll wait until I've finished playing the game until watching the anime.

Hopefully some of the three titles next week will be simulcasts, as this Fall season's shows come to their final episodes.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Not titles I'm interested in but it's pretty cool to see CR picking up older shows as well as the newer ones (although I do hope the next batch of titles are the new simulcasts, don't they usually announce them closer to the release date though?).
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
(although I do hope the next batch of titles are the new simulcasts, don't they usually announce them closer to the release date though?).

Depends, with some shows they announce them a week or so before, some are announced the same day they air in Japan, and some are announced a week or so late.

BTW, I thought Seitokai no Ichizon was a pretty good school comedy that didn't mind poking fun at itself. Yaoi makes me squirm, but the running joke in the series was pretty funny and had a good pay off at the end.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
(although I do hope the next batch of titles are the new simulcasts, don't they usually announce them closer to the release date though?).

Depends, with some shows they announce them a week or so before, some are announced the same day they air in Japan, and some are announced a week or so late.

It's an evolving process, after all. It seemed to be much better this season than the season before it.

And the Japanese companies all feel very differently about streaming: some may approve of things far in advance, while others aren't fully on the ball until weeks into the show's broadcast.
batou37

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I thought that from the way that they worded the release announcement that it was going to be 3 more Kadakowa catalog series. We also know from a previous announcement that they have Macademi Wasshoi! which has not been made available yet so I think that it will be one of the 3 added next week.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
batou37 wrote:
I thought that from the way that they worded the release announcement that it was going to be 3 more Kadakowa catalog series. We also know from a previous announcement that they have Macademi Wasshoi! which has not been made available yet so I think that it will be one of the 3 added next week.

Hope...my hope that it might refer to possible simulcasts next week is definitely misguided, looking closely at the press release.

They do have to announce some new simulcasts soon, though. Maybe there will be some next week.

Anyways, Student Council's Discretion has an exact scene parody of Strike Witches...so I basically have to watch it.
Dan297na

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if they will be streaming the DVD version of Seitokai no Ichizon or just the TV version? I know in the past they have only done the TV version of certain shows.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:
Anyone know if they will be streaming the DVD version of Seitokai no Ichizon or just the TV version? I know in the past they have only done the TV version of certain shows.

It probably will be the tv version, since that's usually what CR streams. Was there a difference for the DVD version?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
They do have to announce some new simulcasts soon, though. Maybe there will be some next week.

They have a deal with TV Tokyo, and the shows running on that network are:

Cardfight Vanguard
Gosick
Level E
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
They have a deal with TV Tokyo, and the shows running on that network are:

Cardfight Vanguard
Gosick
Level E

Well then I hope at least GOSICK is simulcasted as that's one of my priority 1's of next season...

And I have to say; I've watched through ep 3 of Demonbane so far, and what the hell?! I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! Laughing It's very rare that a super-mecha show catches my fancy (I speak as one who really did not like Gurren Lagaan at all), but this one has. I've been quite entertained thus far, and I hope that carries through the rest of the show's run.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote
I started watching Seitokai no Ichizon and before I knew it, I had already watched through 8 episodes of it. Definitely an amusing show.

I think I'm going to hold off on Demon Bane though. I want to stay fresh for the eroge (whenever Nitroplus gets around to giving Jast the OK to release it).
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote
Why not? Now that The World God Only Knows is hibernating, I could use something to fill the time.

Wasn't Magician's Academy supposed to be up as well? What's up with that? I mean, they put Mahoraba...no, wait, Maburaho up right after announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2