• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Licenses DBZ Theme for Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that song isn't even that good! Is this for the US release of the game?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam.:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Wow, that song isn't even that good! Is this for the US release of the game?Emerje

yes it is for the US release! the official PR can be seen here.

Also if your interested you might want to check out the lyrics to FUNi's Theme Song. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote
WHAT!! THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING!! THAT SONG IS TERRIBLE!! Couldn't some one license Cha La Head Cha La? The American DBZ games are no good anyway. Take Budokai for example. "Now you have the ability to teleport and blah blah blah." I know it's asking a lot, but considering we're fighting with characters who fight at the speed of light couldn't have the ability to...you know...jump? Or duck?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I like the song, more so than the crappy rock music they have right now. (*bonks self with the baka hammer*). Gah, I should stop thinking about them... Anime dazed.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell everybody that Kageyama Hironobu's English rendition of Cha-La Head Cha-La, is definitely the greatest thing ever recorded.

That is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell everybody that Kageyama Hironobu's English rendition of Cha-La Head Cha-La, is definitely the greatest thing ever recorded.

That is all.

I heard it. I enjoyed it a lot. But I gotta admit. I liked Rock The Dragon too.
sinistertaco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Ronska wrote:
WHAT!! THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING!! THAT SONG IS TERRIBLE!! Couldn't some one license Cha La Head Cha La? The American DBZ games are no good anyway. Take Budokai for example. "Now you have the ability to teleport and blah blah blah." I know it's asking a lot, but considering we're fighting with characters who fight at the speed of light couldn't have the ability to...you know...jump? Or duck?

As opposed to all those legendary Japanese DBZ games Rolling Eyes
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I think Budokai was actually Japanese-made. Funimation just did the dubbing. Budokai 1 had cha-la-head-cha-la in the ending credits but there was no singing. I think there were Japanase names in the credits. Also Budokai 2 and the upcoming Budokai 3 have new songs from Hironobu Kageyama.

If it was US-made, I thought it was great Funimation got Hironobu Kageyama to do the new songs for Budokai.
mrfood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote
delete

Last edited by mrfood on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrfood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Some tradional taiko pieces would be nice.
Rolling Eyes
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
I think Budokai was actually Japanese-made.

Japanese made, but not originally for Japan. It's made by a company called Dimps for Atari. The game wasn't released until about 3 months later by Bandai in Japan. The same goes for Budokai 2 and 3, though 3 is only a month later. Also interesting to not that the UK got the first two games a few weeks before we got them, but on third game we'll be getting it over a month sooner than them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

That is all.

True, the English version of that song is actually really good. Why not use that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1