• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top Anime Movies at Japanese Box Office: 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't think that list is correct. For example, the Beyblade film was displayed in a double feature with a Duel Masters movie. It's also missing the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D film which was released in January and grossed 2 or 3 million.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'd like to have seen Time of Eve make more money, but it's hard for independent studio/works to get a decent number of screens.

I really hope it gets licensed somehow here. It's way too good for it not to be. I have yet to meet someone who has watched Time of Eve and has disliked it. Well, the lowest score it has here on ANN is 6/11, which is 'so-so'.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Its no surprise that Karigurashi no Arrietty is number one on the list..I do hope Disney will bring it over here soon.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
It's also missing the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D film which was released in January and grossed 2 or 3 million.

The full box office tallies of some films have not been publicly released and some are estimates, especially for films that grossed below 1 billion yen (US$12 million). That is one of the reasons why some films are not on this list, and also why neither animeanime.biz nor ANN puts ranks on this list. The list does allow for some comparisons between the films that do have full box office tallies (estimated or exact).
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
HOHOHO Gintama above Naruto, you say? Brilliant.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
A.N.N. of Green Fables wrote:

Update: This is a partial list of the Japanese animated films of 2010. Some films are not included, especially those without full box office tallies or those that grossed below 1 million yen (US$12 million).

Damn, the US Central Bank must really be going overboard buying government bonds. Laughing
Splash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I realize this topic is old now, but this list is also missing the first Inazuma Eleven movie which made over $21 million. Neutral This is probably because it came out at the end of the year though.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/intl/?id=_fGEKIJOUBANINAZUM01&country=JP&wk=2011W5&id=_fGEKIJOUBANINAZUM01&p=.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1