• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Manga Firms Plan Anime Contents Expo in March

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harafan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:11 am Reply with quote
You know, I love it when I'm right about a prediction that there will be a fair held just outside of Tokyo proper.

Hope they steal so much business from TAF!
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
Hahahaha. This is great! Hopefully Shueisha and the others will join in too. Fight the power!
bradc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
Harafan wrote:
You know, I love it when I'm right about a prediction that there will be a fair held just outside of Tokyo proper.

Hope they steal so much business from TAF!

It reads the event, this allows the companies to still promote the anime. They can't move the entire building situated in Tokyo, so they held the expo/event in Chiba. This would likely include part of TAF, the half that are boycotting it and the half are still there.

If they can't promote it, it won't sell to the consumers(fans).
Kamikaze Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Ha, I expected this to happen. I hope that they're more successful than TAF so they can shove their success in Ishihara's face!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
You go, Kadokawa. Way to lead the charge.

I can see this event becoming a major thing.
Annf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Good job, Kadokawa.
For this I shall continue to buy your $100-for-two-episodes Blu-rays.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I think this calls for an obligatory...

"Yesssss!!!" Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I knew this would happen. They put way too much money into their TAF plans to not come up with an alternative of some sort.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I knew this would happen. They put way too much money into their TAF plans to not come up with an alternative of some sort.

Emerje
You make it sound like the organizers of TAF are the ones with a backup plan called ACE to be held in a venue outside Tokyo proper.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje
You make it sound like the organizers of TAF are the ones with a backup plan called ACE to be held in a venue outside Tokyo proper.

One of the surreal parts of this story is that some of the ACE executive committee members are (or were) also TAF executive committee members. In fact, TAF still lists Aniplex, Kadokawa Shoten, and King Records as executive committee members on its website. It even still lists Shueisha and Shogakukan (along with Kadokawa Shoten), even though those three were part of the 10 publishers that announced their boycott 19 days ago.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'll almost bet a lot of Japanese yen that we may be seeing the last Tokyo Anime Fair because of this new law. The replacement will be held either in the Chiba Prefecture east of Tokyo or Kanagawa Prefecture in the city of Yokohama, with possible future fairs in Kyoto and Osaka.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Money talks, Mr. Ishihara, and right now the money is talking its way right out of Tokyo. Enjoy that taste of fail.
bradc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Money talks, Mr. Ishihara, and right now the money is talking its way right out of Tokyo. Enjoy that taste of fail.

With the business downturn isn't doing so well, boycott isn't helping much either. There's no TAF 2011 next year as from given information. The money still stays in Japan nonetheless, but majority of the business and trade still have an impact on the metropolis of Tokyo, where event-expos are being force to held elsewhere either around or close by Tokyo, capital city.

Business as usual, no consumers, no sale. Regardless what the politician thinks it is right.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I thought the context of the article and the content of my previous post made it kinda clear that I was talking about the boycotters with the backup plan.

Emerje
matrixdude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quote
And now we wait to see how TAF and Ishihara will respond. Ishihara will most likely just rip on otaku and TAF probably won't be held.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2