• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK Announces Social Media Hub for 2011

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
"editorial team will be primarily be in-house" I spy with my little eye a typo.... can you see it.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
"editorial team will be primarily be in-house" I spy with my little eye a typo.... can you see it.
I cannot see at all see it.

I wonder whether the two simulcasts (which two has not yet been made clear) that Crunchyroll can only stream to anime/premium subscribers in the UK/Ireland has something to do the roll-out of this site.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote
This sounds like a good move on Manga's part.

agila61 wrote:
I cannot see at all see it.

I think it's more of a grammar error. It should be, editorial team will be primarily in-house. Then again I make grammar errors all the time. lol
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote
The ball is in Manga's court, though I'm uncertain as to what they plan to do with it.

At the last Expo panel, it was mentioned that free simulcasts are not financially viable for domestic companies over here. Thus, if it is genuinely desirable video content Manga wish to deliver, paid-for simulcasts may lie behind their plans. Alternatively, they may wish to implement something less radical.

Lacking further clues as to how much this "hub" will differ from their existing online presence, this is only wild speculation on my part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wolf0x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Finally UK's getting some of this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1