• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golden Kids Soccer Anime Launches as Worldwide App

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote
thats like copying Fight! Kickers anime..
perroloco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
LOL its ironical, "Fight! Kickers" anime had a bad timing, the show broadcasted back when Captain Tsubasa was the hot stuff and obviously couldn´t win, now 30 years later Inazuma Eleven is the new "Captain Tsubasa" and a title made by the creator of Captain Tsubasa is gonna compete against Inazuma Eleven.

Anyway I consider "Captain Tsubasa" to be the best soccer anime ever, period.

BTW nice pun Goal Kitagawa LOL, how do they (Mangakas) keep coming with these names??
And if my japanese memory serves me correct, the title is a pun, very good indeed.
"Golden Kids" is how you say/read in english and in japanese it would sound something like "Goruden Kitsu" (ゴールデン キツズ) now here comes the pun ゴール (Goru, which is also the name of the main character Goal) is well.. Goal! as in Goal!!! then デン (Den) means Legend, so the title might also mean the Legend of Goal Kids, of course I could be incorrect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1