• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your most anticipated purchase

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I have two planned purchases that have me very antsy in pantsy, and I can barely take it.

The first is my Summer Wars BD that I preordered Monday. It's an Oscar contender, the trailer for it is amazing, and I've heard nothing but great things for it since Justin's review last year, so I'm a little excited for it. I'm so glad I ordered it from TRSI since they have a tendency to ship things out 2, sometimes 3 weeks early, making me all the more pumped. I'm a little disappointed that I'm not getting the Oz cards, but I'll live.

My second, and my MOST anticipated purchase perhaps ever is that of the High School of the Dead BD. I don't know what it is, but after watching the first two episodes on TAN last year, I immediately fell in love. I loved it so much that I stopped watching it streamed so I can watch it uncensored, dubbed and in HD someday to multiply my enjoyment. I even have the first volume of the manga sitting next to me right now, but I haven't taken off the shrink wrap yet because I don't want to be spoiled by anything, even though it is killing me. I just wish Section 23 would freaking put it up already so I can preorder it now.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, tough question. I have three orders in with TRSI for anime and manga, I have one order with four figures in it in transit from Japan, I have an order for a figure from Japan that won't be available until May and I have an order for the Alphonse Elric Brotherhood figure, which, for the life of me I can't figure out why estarland hasn't shipped it to me yet since my paypal payment was confirmed two weeks ago and the item is in stock.

I guess the best way is to break it down is by category.

M.A.P. Anime - toss up between Soul Eater BD (combined parts 1 & 2) and Oh! Edo Rocket. I guess if you held a gun to my head and absolutely forced me to pick one, I'd go with Soul Eater. I won't get this until early July at the very earliest because it is part of an order that includes Rideback which isn't available until June 28. Even if TRSI ships Rideback earlier than the official release date, it can take two weeks to get to me.

M.A.P. Manga - High School of the Dead 1 & 2. This is part of a TRSI order I will be lucky to get by early May because of certain release dates, including HSotD 2.

M.A.P. Figure - Naturally, the one I want the most is the one I will have to wait the longest for (theoretically - God knows how long those estarland douchebags will take to get Alphonse to me). It's the Major Kusanagi figure from GitS which won't be available until May.

Lots to look forward to, but patience ain't my number one virtue.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that I'm not getting the Oz cards, but I'll live.
Huh? Why the hell not? O.o

And it's not technically an Oscar contender. It's contending to be a contender. Laughing And I'm pretty excited for Summer Wars as well. I'll pre-order it sometime before this sale ends for FUNi stuff over at TRSI.

Another one of 2 my most anticipated purchases this year are both Ghibli. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is getting re-released in a BD/DVD combo in March, and even though I don't have a PS3/B-R Player yet, Just having the DVD is totally fine with me(though I really gotta move to HD soon, since I know this movie will look great in it). Nausicaa is one of my favorites, and I haven't seen it in years. Reliving the magic and all.

And, of course, Princess Mononoke is getting a BD release as well. As what's probably my favorite anime, there's no real words as to how god damn excited I am for that one--I won't let myself not move over to HD before that comes out. It's gonna look f**king gorgeous. Very Happy Not entirely sure if this one is gonna make it in 2011, but I'm hoping so.

On the series side of things, I'm looking forward to Darker than Black's Classic Line release. Seen the first 4 eps on FUNi' YT channel and it was really good, and I've heard nothing but great things about the 1st season. Can't say the same for the 2nd season, which I've heard pretty much nothing but bad things about, but w/e.

My most anticipated series release this year, though, is TRSI's release of Revolutionary Girl Utena. That's another one of my favorite series, and judging by what was said in this week ANNCast, it's gonna be incredible. I've heard that all of TRSI own releases are super-high quality, and with a series as big as this one I know that they're going to give an awesome release. It's probably gonna be pretty damn expensive(all 3 parts) since the release is gonna be so amazing, so I've gotta start saving up now. Twisted Evil

Also looking forward to starting my collection of Gantz manga.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quote
My MAP? Dance in the Vampire Bund. For DIVB I love what I have read of the manga and now that it is going to be uncensored and coming this summer I can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I don't know, but my order at TRSI says I don't have it. It mentioned when I had the towel for Sacred Blacksmith and it says I have the keychain for King of Eden, but no mention of Oz cards.

Quote:
My most anticipated series release this year, though, is TRSI's release of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

I'm really looking forward this as well, but it being in three releases does quell my excitement a little bit. Utena is something I've been looking to buy for years, but the CPM sets are really expensive, so I never bit. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw TRSI had rescued it, because they saved me a lot of money.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I haven't ordered these yet, but I do have a list of most anticipated manga for the year:

1) Hikaru no Go vol 23, the last volume in this series and I can't help but want more Sad I'll be so sad when this ends, but at least Viz didn't cancel it partway through like they did with the anime.

2) Twin Spica vol 6+, the series that will hold me through the majority of the year because its final volumes won't come out for a couple of years now. I've seen the anime, so I knew it'd be safe to just go ahead and order 2-5 because I was way behind (I got vol 1 on time, yay!) but then did a marathon read because I couldn't stop, so yes, I look forward to more of this series so much!

Some other series that I'm collecting have new volumes coming out soon, like Cirque du Freak and Future Diary, I look forward to them too, but not as much as these two. The only thing that could overtake these 4 for excitement would be in Viz has an aneurism and decides to put out Basara in Big format (so I can finally read it) and Banana Fish to boot (which I'd re-buy on the principle that it's the best manga ever).

I'm also iffy on Wandering Son, partly because it'd be a blind buy, and it costs $20 per volume (I don't care if it's hardback), and it's at least 11 volumes. But I also want to support Fantagraphics in hopes that they'll bring more Moto Hagio over. So Wandering Son is tentatively my most anticipated new release of this year. I'm not watching the anime because I hear it doesn't start from the beginning of the manga anyway.

I actually have no anticipated anime so far, I've been following manga more than anime the past year, I just look for new re-releases that are dirt cheap. When Birdy gets one, I'll get it then (maybe Casshern Sins too, and I bet those will both get cheaper series releases late in the year)

However, Pokemon Black &/or White is easily my most anticipated game/anime/manga/anything of the year and I've less than two months to wait! I have to wait until May for Hikaru no Go 23, so this less than 40 days thing is going to be awesome!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I don't know, but my order at TRSI says I don't have it. It mentioned when I had the towel for Sacred Blacksmith and it says I have the keychain for King of Eden, but no mention of Oz cards.
Oh, bummer. I guess "supplies didn't last." Laughing

Quote:
I'm really looking forward this as well, but it being in three releases does quell my excitement a little bit. Utena is something I've been looking to buy for years, but the CPM sets are really expensive, so I never bit. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw TRSI had rescued it, because they saved me a lot of money.
Might actually make me more excited--gonna have three sure-to-be beautifully crafted box sets of an amazing show to add to my collection. Just the prospect of how much that incredible shit is gonna cost makes my unemployment scurry in fear. They say it's gonna be a "Collector's release," and the same was said about Kara no Kyoukai(which I missed out on), and we all know what happened there.

But anyway, yeah. Gonna be great.
batou37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated anime items:

First off, yes Its a preorder so maybe it's not technically an "anticipated purchase" since I already have purchased it, but my most anticipated item in years is the Kara no Kyoukai set. Ever since I saw the trailer I knew I had to get it, and after seeing the packing it was coming in it was a foregone conclusion. If I miss the UPS guy when it finally arrives it might be trouble....I'll be there sitting on the curb waiting on them to open the following day.

I'm also looking forward to both Summer wars and EVA 2.22. I've never been a huge mech fan and have never seen NGE, but when I bought EVA 1.11 and popped it in I had no idea that my eyes were in for such visual masturbation and I knew I had to get the next one as soon as it came out.

I will also second your choice K.O.Hs on the BD Highschool of the Dead. There is a particular scene involving a bullet that I am anxious to see in HD glory.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:

Same here. Strange because I think they just (last week) started offering them as exclusives. They must have have a very very tiny supply.

My most anticipated debt is the Garden of sinners. Think I might take it easy on the anime after that gets charged. Japanese Blu-rays are stupid expensive.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Same here. Strange because I think they just (last week) started offering them as exclusives. They must have have a very very tiny supply.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those avatar cards up there at least 2 weeks ago. And if they've run out, I'd bank it's because the movie itself is selling pretty damn well.

And for the record, Kara no Kyoukai would definitely be one of my MAP if I could actually afford that thing on an unemployed student's budget.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Nah, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those avatar cards up there at least 2 weeks ago. And if they've run out, I'd bank it's because the movie itself is selling pretty damn well.

Okay that makes sense. The Blu-ray was listed as one of last weeks top sellers. All those orders got the cards.
richfam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
My most anticipated purchase is Funimation's release of FLCL.

I fell in love with FLCL when it was first shown back on Adult Swim, and I watched it every time they would rerun it. Ever since I started building my DVD collection, I've desperately wanted a DVD release of FLCL that was both available and affordable... I've literally waited almost five years for this one. Now the wait is almost over.

It will the 107th anime title in my collection, and it is the last remaining item on the "must have" list I made up when I started buying anime DVDs.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The first is my Summer Wars BD that I preordered Monday. It's an Oscar contender, the trailer for it is amazing, and I've heard nothing but great things for it since Justin's review last year, so I'm a little excited for it. I'm so glad I ordered it from TRSI since they have a tendency to ship things out 2, sometimes 3 weeks early, making me all the more pumped. I'm a little disappointed that I'm not getting the Oz cards, but I'll live.

FYI, this is not like the other TRSI gift items. It's actually packed inside somewhere in the packaging. Treat this as a first run product (both DVD and Blu-ray versions). Once that run is over, it's no more Oz cards. It also means that this bonus will be included from any retailer as long as it's within the first run.
B.K.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
The Mobile Suit Gundam rerelease. I missed the DVDs the first time, so I'm looking forward to the series finally being rereleased. I just wish Bandai would hurry and give us a date for the first set.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Here is a quick question.

What exactly is the difference between what you want to buy, and a anticipated purchase?

Cause there is a topic for "What are you considering buying".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6