• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - SH Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does poor Goku look kind of like he's wearing a diaper?

Great review - I want the figure and I'm thoroughly sick of DBZ! He'd look great with my sword-fightin'-babes collection...
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:52 am Reply with quote
I'm curious; why don't Buried Treasure/Garbage and Astro Toy have A-F ratings?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I've got this along with the Figuarts Gohan and Piccolo. The figures do have some flaws, but if you like posing your figures, then they're a lot of fun.

Does anyone know if the DBZ line has been discontinued or put on an indefinite hiatus? They pretty much released the first three figures like clockwork, but now I can't find any information about the Goku and Vegeta figures that they previewed at comic conventions about a year ago. Or is it typical for Figuarts to have big gaps in their release schedule?
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:

Speaking for myself, I personally loathe report-card grades only slightly less than I loathe 1-10 number grades, which I loathe slightly less than 1-10 grades with a decimal, which I loathe far less than 1-100 grades.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
S. H. Figurearts Seems like such a wonderful line, if -slightly- inconsistent on accessory count.

*ducks to avoid Raging Agito*

Overall Goku has everything he -really- needs; though some effect parts would be nice (of course I don't think I've seen those too often on Figurearts, seems more a Revoltech thing.)
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Speaking for myself, I personally loathe report-card grades only slightly less than I loathe 1-10 number grades, which I loathe slightly less than 1-10 grades with a decimal, which I loathe far less than 1-100 grades.

Why? As long as you have a basic rubric to work from, what's so wrong with giving something a score? I think it's helpful to get an overall score along with a detailed review.
TheBigN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I prefer it the current way, as it's at least one less thing for people to used to complain or argue about. Razz

Half joking here. Smile
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:
1-10 grades with a decimal, which I loathe far less than 1-100 grades.

Out of curiosity, why so much less? (The difference between the two looks to me only cosmetic)
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:

How do you feel about scores that range from frowny face to super excited face?

here-and-faraway wrote:
Does anyone know if the DBZ line has been discontinued or put on an indefinite hiatus? They pretty much released the first three figures like clockwork, but now I can't find any information about the Goku and Vegeta figures that they previewed at comic conventions about a year ago. Or is it typical for Figuarts to have big gaps in their release schedule?

It's possible they're simply trying to spread the line out a bit more. SHFiguart doesn't seem to like doing variants (not at retail anyway) so they may be limiting it to 3 a year. Along with Goku and SSJ Vegeta they also showed off SSJ3 Goku so that's potentially three more for this year. Hopefully 2012 bring regular Vegeta, regular Gohan, and Freeza (fourth form).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1