• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lotte no Omocha, Morita-san wa Mukuchi Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!"

I'm 100% sure that's what I'm going to be screaming before and after trying out the first episode of Lottes Toy. I'm going to be using this show as a barometer to see exactly how corrupted I am, so lets see if there's still hope of me being somewhat normal after it's over.

As for Morita-san wa Mukuchi, I can't exactly say I'm fond of how the lead has dead eyes all the time. I get she's thoughtful and all, but does she really have to have the eyes that are usually associated with either death, unconsciousness, or mind control?

My opinion on the actual trailers themselves, though, are that they're horrible. Playing video over catchy pop music isn't much better than just using the OP like R1's sometimes do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote
Hmm, if Rie is involved I'm not so sure this is gonna be dirty. Anyway, is that hot milk, or just her energy source? Think about it next time you drink your milk.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Honestly, it's not the semen thing, since I'm really sure that's not going to be very important at all is just there to get it on the map. It's that she looks and acts so cute and innocent. I felt like I was sitting outside a kindergarten playground. With binoculars. I'm just trying out this whole lolicon thing to learn different perspectives (it's a thing I like doing), but I'm already starting to feel it's not my thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Hmm, if Rie is involved I'm not so sure this is gonna be dirty. Anyway, is that hot milk, or just her energy source? Think about it next time you drink your milk.

Oh, that's milk alright. But did you notice that one of her attendants is a cow? Wink This is totally not my thing at all. Little kids can be cute, so I can understand the moe there, but I would never want to see a little girl going after, well, semen. Good god.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Lotte no Omocha looks like a slightly less ecchi and over the top To Love-Ru, just with a younger female lead and pink tails instead of black. I'm sure it isn't long before half the cast moves into the boy's house. What's this about going after semen? This is the first I've read anything about the series and that wasn't mentioned in the report and didn't seem to be implied in the trailer. Was it mentioned in another report?

Morita-san just looks incredibly generic, full of every high school plot device they could come up with, just with yuri overtones. And the girl's eyes just makes me bored, it's hard to get excited about a show with such a lifeless main character.

Emerje
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Taken straight from the 2011 Spring Chart:

Quote:
Succubus princess Astarotte Ygvar has just turned 10. In order to maintain their body and preserve their beautiful appearance, they must consume a substance only found on males. This substance is a liquid called "Sauzfryma", better known as semen.

Here's a more detailed synopsis garfield15 found:

Quote:
In the medieval fantasy world of Alfheimr, succubus princess Astrarotte Ygvar, the first princess of the kingdom of Ygvar, has just reached the age of 10. For the coming years of a young succubus' life, it is necessary for them to have a male harem. In order to maintain their body and preserve their beautiful appearance, they must consume a substance only found on males. This substance is a liquid called "Sauzfryma", better known as semen. The princess, however, bears a great dislike against men, and only agrees to create a harem if a human male is to join.

In the human world Midgar, young father Touhara Naoya was greeted by a suspicious lady one day, claiming that she is a fortune teller. She also claims that she can help him find the "perfect job" fitted for him. Even though it seems suspicious, he accepts the free consultation in order to support himself and his young daughter. After meeting in the park with the suspicious lady a day later, he suddenly found himself in Alfheimr, a medieval fantasy realm located on a different world. The mysterious lady uncloaks her true identity as the Head Chamberlain of the kingdom of Ygvarland. He was then lead to the palace of Ygvarland, and there, the "job" he accepted was finally revealed; he was to become a human candidate for princess Astrarotte's harem.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
^^I think I should let everybody know that summary is somewhat misrepresenting of what the show is really like. Or what the manga is like anyway.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, like I said, I don't think it'll be that bad at all, but that doesn't stop my imagination from jumping around. Also, there have been plenty of anime adaptations where the anime is somewhat more gratuitous then the source (at least from what I've heard; people say SnQ is), so there's a chance it could be not as tame as the manga seems to be.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Well, like I said, I don't think it'll be that bad at all, but that doesn't stop my imagination from jumping around.

Yeah, I agree; and I'm sure that's exactly the point. As garfield15 said, I doubt the source material is incredibly graphic. It's more of a "Hey! Young girls! Semen! ... Now that I have your attention" ploy on the side of the creators. Besides, that preview was pretty tame; I'd figure that if they had an excess of risque footage they'd show it in the preview.
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Lotte no Omocha looks like it could be interesting... Maybe. Morita-san wa Mukuchi on the other hand... I think I'll skip. It looks extremely boring.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
My opinion on the actual trailers themselves, though, are that they're horrible. Playing video over catchy pop music isn't much better than just using the OP like R1's sometimes do.

Neither of these trailers did anything to help out their shows. Totally forgettable, both of them. They really need to make an effort to illustrate how the show is going to stand on its own. These have me very suspicious that we are getting two more "checklist" shows, which are always skippable, IMO.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Why not to Lotte? I'll give anything a try Smile
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Lotte's Toy definitely looks more tame than the Spring Preview's summary made it seem. I'm excited to see that Rie is going to be voicing Astarotte, she's definitely one of my favorite seiyuu.

Not interested in the other show at all. Turned it off halfway through the preview when they where showing the 12th straight generic school activity. Agree that the thousand yard stare on the main character is a bit annoying. I got past it with Maka from Soul Eater because I enjoyed that show and her eyes at least got some definition when she used soul resonance with Soul.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
And yet people complain about MTV's Skins. Laughing
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 am Reply with quote
The semen thing hasn't been mentioned in the manga since chapter 2. It's actually a charming little story. The most perverted it got was the two girls' ability to lose their panties in the most improbable fashion.

Edit: WTF? Asuha will be voiced by Tamura Yukari?! I don't think my body is ready. Asuha was adorable in the manga, but add Yukarin's voice... I might die from moe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2