• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo Lists Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- for 2011

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait, hopefully it would be as good at the first one (Which was amazing).

Maybe this will make Funi push up the date of the Blu-ray of Last Exile release.
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
awesome i really, really, really liked Last Exile.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Dolce Triade again please. Wouldnt be the same without that kind of music. Will still be epic though I'm sure. cant wait
Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear...

I love Last Exile, but it was made back when Gonzo didn't suck.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
That's cool. Last Exile was sorta under-appreciated. Would this be the first 3D anime? There's still so few 3D movies so I haven't bothered to invest in a 3D TV yet, wonder what percentage of Japanese homes have one...
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Great, I always liked the world of Last Exile.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This could be good, but they sure chose some ugly CGI for the poster. Reminds me of nineties videogame graphics.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
OMG, what a fantastic surprise, hell yes.

Last Exile is still one of my favorite shows ever.

Penguin_Factory wrote:
Great, I always liked the world of Last Exile.

Agreed, I loved the style of the world and I still think it's one of the most well-realized fictional worlds that's been done. The feel of that world I think is still up there with the best even years later too.

Kougeru wrote:
Dolce Triade again please. Wouldnt be the same without that kind of music. Will still be epic though I'm sure. can't wait

This! Dolce Triade and Hitomi Kuroishi need to be back Smile

jrnemanich wrote:
Can't wait, hopefully it would be as good at the first one (Which was amazing).

Maybe this will make Funi push up the date of the Blu-ray of Last Exile release.

Agreed on both of these.

Even if it's just an upscale if it's like their new far improved ones like Ouran I'd love for this to give Funi the extra push to get out that Last Exile Blu-ray I've had pre-ordered since it first went up.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Zepwich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Thats all fine and dandy but I really want Gonzo to get back to making The Five Killers!
neocloud9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
...Well, that's a surprise. But I loved the original Last Exile, so bully for them.
pachy_boy

I confess I didn't care for Last Exile the first time I watched it, but over time when I watched it again I had a much greater appreciation for it, and it really is as wonderful a series as people keep saying it is. My chief hope for this sequel series is that it'll confirm that Dio spoiler[is definitely still alive, something only implied on one of the postcards in the last Geneon single volume].
DangerMouse

Zepwich wrote:
Thats all fine and dandy but I really want Gonzo to get back to making The Five Killers!

That was such an awesome (and hence cruel) teaser, I'd love to see that actually be made.
Kalessin

Last Exile is easily one of the best anime that I've ever seen. It looked great. It sounded great. The characters were great. The story was great. The world was great. It wasn't perfect, but it was an extremely good series. I definitely rated it as masterpiece.

I have no idea if a sequel will be any good, but the world of Last Exile would certainly be an interesting one to play around in. So, it's certainly something to look forward to at the very least - though only time will tell if it's anywhere near as good as the original. Sequels in general tend to be poorer than what they come from, but sometimes they're quite good.

I do have to cringe at the 3D bit though. I truly hope that 3D is a fad that dies soon. I hate 3D and it would not hurt my feelings at all if no more movies were ever made in 3D. So, seeing that they want to do this in 3D is not good news.
Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
wow, that's unexpected! I really enjoyed Last Exile so I hope this will stay true to what made that show so good.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm cautiously optimistic but I did love Last Exile, maybe now we'll finally have some of the backstory explained.

Generic #757858 wrote:
This could be good, but they sure chose some ugly CGI for the poster. Reminds me of nineties videogame graphics.

So glad I wasn't the only one thinking that, but the character designs the post linked to are pretty cute and looked like they were in the same style as the original characters.

pachy_boy wrote:
I confess I didn't care for Last Exile the first time I watched it, but over time when I watched it again I had a much greater appreciation for it, and it really is as wonderful a series as people keep saying it is. My chief hope for this sequel series is that it'll confirm that Dio spoiler[is definitely still alive, something only implied on one of the postcards in the last Geneon single volume].

I'm pretty sure spoiler[that one of the art books confirmed he was alive but I agree, some additional confirmation would be nice.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5