• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gaku, English Pokemon BW & SoraKake Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
The link to the Pokemon trailer takes me to a page that says the video isn't available until after 9 today. Is that the right link? Because if it is, it should probably be in the article that it wont play until later.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otaking09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
No offense to fans, but is SoraKake even worth watching?

I haven't seen My-Hime or Otome, so that could be taken into account, but...

Looks like they aren't planning to dub it either(figures...), but they better dub Turn A Gundam!!!
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
No offense to fans, but is SoraKake even worth watching?

I haven't seen My-Hime or Otome, so that could be taken into account, but...

Looks like they aren't planning to dub it either(figures...), but they better dub Turn A Gundam!!!

I loved HiME, ate up Otome because it was a full blown fan-satiating AU Reboot to HiME even if it had far too much sexual fanservice for my taste.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo is a title I really enjoyed. In order to enjoy it though, I had to think of it a bit differently from how I normally judge titles. If you take it too seriously, it's detrimental even though it can be taken sort of seriously. I sort of felt like it was a show from the 90s even though it is not. It has JAM Project doing music, so it really seems like it.

spoiler[I found it to be an interesting study on human behavior and the nature of government, with the whole "putting humans in boxes" component of the plot. I can see more cynical viewers equating it to hokey, thinly veiled preaching though.]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I remember wanting to watch Sora Kake Girl, and now I'm able to. Yay, though I don't know if it's worth my time judging from people who have already seen it.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
I loved HiME, ate up Otome because it was a full blown fan-satiating AU Reboot to HiME even if it had far too much sexual fanservice for my taste.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo is a title I really enjoyed. In order to enjoy it though, I had to think of it a bit differently from how I normally judge titles. If you take it too seriously, it's detrimental even though it can be taken sort of seriously. I sort of felt like it was a show from the 90s even though it is not. It has JAM Project doing music, so it really seems like it.

spoiler[I found it to be an interesting study on human behavior and the nature of government, with the whole "putting humans in boxes" component of the plot. I can see more cynical viewers equating it to hokey, thinly veiled preaching though.]

I second every thing Mirri says here. Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo is best taken as simple entertainment but if your willing to look a little deeper you might find more to enjoy about it. I have to admit that the ending didn't set well with me though.

I'm a little disapointed that there is no mention of a blu-ray release. I wonder if TotA is going to get one.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
eh, Pokemon dub has sucked ever since the TCPi takeover. I would have thought they would have changed up how Ash sounded, but they have kept it the same even though the design has changed (more than just clothes, the eyes look much younger)
K.o.R

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Man, it must be bad when Bandai don't think a Sunrise Mecha and Fanservice show is going to do well enough to merit a dub Sad
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Sigh this sucks that Sora Kake Girl isnt going to be dub I though this one was going to be dub it was such a good anime to
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Don't know why Bandai decided to put out SoraKake as singles instead of two 13 eps parts and no Blu-ray. Come on Bandai, get with the times for God's sake. I want to buy it but you guys make it difficult Mad .
Kraker2k

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
It has JAM Project doing music, so it really seems like it.

Its actually ALI Project. Its right there in the trailer. JAM Project's only contribution was a single track on the OST, where they did a bit of random shouting.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
well I have seen the show, and no dub wouldn't keep me from buying it, the only thing keeping me from buying it is the lack of blu-ray support, with shows like haruhi, ghost in the shell, shuffle and others, getting the blu-ray treatment in japan, it sucks that we do not get those here, unless we import them...

but I am considering importing shuffle, as well as haruhi on blu-ray, but not sure yet, I have had hopes that bandai would bring the blu-rays of GITS and GIT 2nd GIG, but after the few years it has been out in japan, I can guess we will never see it here....
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Kraker2k wrote:
Mirri wrote:

Its actually ALI Project. Its right there in the trailer. JAM Project's only contribution was a single track on the OST, where they did a bit of random shouting.

JAM Project's name is in the credits, I guess I mistook them for doing all of the OST. I did not misunderstand anything about ALI Project though, you're being quite presumptuous.

edit:
JAM Project did THREE tracks on the Sora Kake Girl OST by the way, if you want to be specific.

OST Volume 1
Track #1 MAJESTIC OVERTURE WITH JAM PROJECT
OST Volume 2
Track #1 RISE OF THE CURTAIN WITH JAM PROJECT
Track #29 FACE TO FACE WITH JAM PROJECT
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, Bandia thank you for superb dubs like Haurhi, Code Geass, Gundam 00 and many other show.

However, I must say I hate you Bandia for not dubbing (mainly showing no interest in going back to dub shows that did well) where it's obvious there is profit to be made from a dub and the show would benefit immensely form a dub. Point of reference would be Hayate the Combat Butler..... need I say more.

HCB is officially the longest releasing series of all time. Bandia obtained the license in 2008 and it's barely half way done releasing it, the show ISN'T EVEN DUBBED. Even Karin and other Geneon limbo shows didn't have such a long wait to finish releasing.

Oh let's not forget Sola, the show that is known as the best show of 2007, the year that we saw one of the hugest amounts of shows big produced in. Yet, Bandai shows no interest in going back an dubbing it, even though it's obvious that Sola warrants it.

How we have this, I wanted to see The Girl that Leaped Through Space and was interested in but have officially lost all interest in the show because I was expecting a dub for it. GLTS is a show that I know I would enjoy much, much more in dub then sub, that is why I wouldn't even bother with it now. It's like Bandia wants it's fans to hate it. Well I will say this much, if Tales of Abyss is going to be sub only, Bandia is dead to me..... Of course I will still get the Haurhi movie form them when it comes out, but as other releases go, Bandia will be last on my list of considerations form who to get.

I thank Bandia for Haruhi, Code Geass, Gurren Laggan, Gundam 00, Hime series, and many other dubs that I enjoyed so very much. However, I have to say that this Sub only and nothing else deal they do is really the thing that will kill them for fans. They show absolutely no interest in going back and dubbing shows that have done well as a sub only release.
moichispa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
Kraker2k wrote:
Mirri wrote:

JAM Project's name is in the credits, I guess I mistook them for doing all of the OST. I did not misunderstand anything about ALI Project though, you're being quite presumptuous.

edit:
JAM Project did THREE tracks on the Sora Kake Girl OST by the way, if you want to be specific.

OST Volume 1
Track #1 MAJESTIC OVERTURE WITH JAM PROJECT
OST Volume 2
Track #1 RISE OF THE CURTAIN WITH JAM PROJECT
Track #29 FACE TO FACE WITH JAM PROJECT

So then Jam project have done more songs that Ali project. Ali project just did Rara eve Shinseiki. I dunno what about that ed thing they put on the video (maybe they used rara as ending in the last episode?)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:
Man, it must be bad when Bandai don't think a Sunrise Mecha and Fanservice show is going to do well enough to merit a dub Sad

There has been lukewarm responses from other peeps on the overall quality of the show. So they probably figured it's not worth it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2