• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network October Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Is Rurouni Kenshin the same one with all the edits or uncut?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aisasami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Ruroni Kenshin is coming back?! I thought CN and/ro Toonami said it wasn't deemed good in ratings. >>; And, Transformer replacing TMNT?! I seem a little uncalled for (TMNT is ok....)

But, where could I find this info?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animefan16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Knowing how Toonami is lessening the edits, they might make a new edited version.

Last edited by Animefan16 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:00 pm; edited 7 times in total
Circle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I think it'll be the same Kenshin with the edits. Is that R.O.D OAV or the TV series?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:16 pm Reply with quote
It comes from the grids that CN sends out to the press every month. So the only place to see it is on websites that post it. I don't know if anyone has posted the entire grid.

I removed all the non-anime stuff to make that table. Next time I'll seperate it into weeks, each week above the other, to keep it from being so wide.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Circle wrote:
I think it'll be the same Kenshin with the edits. Is that R.O.D OAV or the TV series?

I'll bet $100 that it's the OAV in "movie" form like it has been before *coughEndlessWaltzBlueSub6cough*

So much for SEED. I'm glad the Battousai is back. I just hope that I'll be awake long enough to watch Animatrix and ROD.
Omega13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Circle wrote:

Given that DVD 2 of the TV series just came out, and that the only Read or Die on the schedule is all by its lonesome on a Saturday night, I'd venture that it's the OVA. Also, the name of the TV series is normally shown as R.O.D the TV, but I doubt CN would care all that much about that part.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote
no SEED is getting cancled how is that................*eyes twitche* possible the only Gundam that didn't' have good ratings here has been the oringal series but that was due to 9/11. is SEED going to AS?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Animefan16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote
You think it's possible that they're just taking off the air because they haven't ordered more episodes yet? It's better to replace it with RK than have to watch re-runs until the new season starts. How are the ratings for SEED doing anyway?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote
MegasXLR really isn't anime, just a really good American cartoon that has anime in jokes. Seeing how that it isn't aired sequentially, it probably doesn't matter since most american animation is episodic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Circle wrote:

Back in June ANN reported that CN would be showing the 90 min OAV of R.O.D.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
no SEED is getting cancled how is that................*eyes twitche* possible the only Gundam that didn't' have good ratings here has been the oringal series but that was due to 9/11. is SEED going to AS?

I'm sure it's only on hiatus. CN (and most other networks for that mater) hardly ever shows a series that long all the way through without stopping short and showing repeats. They probably decided that rather than going into mid-seasons repeats they'd give Kenshin another chance. This will also give them more SEED to show next year. On the bright side if people start watching Kenshin this could give them a reason to show the final arch.

Cartoon Network never unedits a show so don't expect any changes in Kenshin from it's original run and don't expect SEED to show up on AS.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Destroyah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Are these going to be the New Kenshin Episodes?(Last Arc) or Reruns from the Begining? I'm sad to see SEED go, I hardly got to watch it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
The grid says #1 the first week and #2 the second week so I assume they're starting from the begining.

Emerje
biliano*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
No, SEED will be on hiatus for a while, since it's a pretty long series. I beleive CN did the same thing with G Gundam last year. Besides, the first three volumes of SEED will be available on DVD by then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3