• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Moribito 1-26 (d)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
What's this ANN? Posting all these classics...

Wonder what we can expect next! Very Happy
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! They have this on Crunchyroll too, if you don't mind sub-only.

I'd recommend this series to anyone who loves intelligent drama, strong female characters, and/or epic fantasy.

And hey, you're right Otaking! What's next...Utena? *coughcough*
ultimafullmetal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I love this show. Good pick. Keep em coming.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
So...they're picking up classic titles, eh? They better start streaming World Masterpiece Theater anime or some TMS titles or some butts will be kicked.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So...they're picking up classic titles, eh? They better start streaming World Masterpiece Theater anime or some TMS titles or some butts will be kicked.

That'd be nice. Preferably Heidi, Marco, or Anne of Green Gables. Or a new one! Like Porphy or Les Miserables.

Then again, weren't they only able to get Remi because it was previously licensed?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably start this once I finish reviewing Princess Tutu and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig, I saw this on Adult Swim but I didn't get what was going on because I didn't catch it from the beginning.
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I've been wanting to watch this one for ages. Thanks ANN.
gwdone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I own it,, and loved it!
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ANN! Love this series and would gladly watch my favorite episodes!
feitian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quote
You know, hulu is a lot better about the whole cut-in advertisement thing. They show it in the chapter title screen, once in the eye catch, and then somewhere when the conversation and action has come to a low, I really appreciated that.

While I understand that Ad is necessary for the broadcast, when I am on crunchy roll , it always seen to be at the same time, it does not seen to use the chapter card, or eye catch or a scene transition , sometimes it'll cut in in the middle of a sentence even. Am I the only who notice that? Or maybe there is something peculiar about my machine, I wonder sometimes.

Personally I don't usually watch dubs, but this one has grown on me quite a bit.
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
[quote]Personally I don't usually watch dubs, but this one has grown on me quite a bit.

You too, huh? I love the dub--Cindy Robinson sounds so badass!Cool All the other voices are fantastic too, IMO. And Chagum's voice is the only other "adolescent boy" dub voice I've heard (besides Naota in FLCL) that actually SOUNDS like an adolescent boy.
Majic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
A Brilliant Work

If I didn't already own this, I would be streaming it now. Moribito is, in my opinion, one of the new classics.

The production quality alone sets this one apart, but it also boasts endearing characters and an intriguing story. Craftsmanship oozes from every frame, and it's hard not to be impressed by the overall viewing experience. Indeed, it's so well-made that I sometimes found it distracting, but I can't really say that's a bad thing.

The most common criticism I've seen is the abundance of "filler" episodes, mainly in the first half of the series, and even the author of the story expressed concerns that it wouldn't be able to fill a full series run. For my part, I didn't mind them at all, because even the "filler" episodes helped flesh out and add depth to the world in which the story takes place. Your mileage may vary.

Fans of Princess Mononoke, Utawarerumono or The Twelve Kingdoms will probably fall in love with this show, like I did.

Highly recommended.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I'll probably start this once I finish reviewing Princess Tutu and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig, I saw this on Adult Swim but I didn't get what was going on because I didn't catch it from the beginning.

I also watched it on AS as well and I liked it. Unfortunately most people on the AS forums did not cause it was way too slow.

It's just like what that reviewer said when they (ANN) reviewed Vol 1.

Most of the viewership of AS got absorbed by so many high octane series like , bleach,FMA , code geass and stand alone complex, that they got too impatient which was a real shame cause it was a preety good series on AS. especially in the Fantasy genere.

And it's definitely have an very solid english dub. Even those accursed haters will have to admit it's as good , if not better than the original. Probably since the same VA that did Motoko Kussagani in stand alone complex & as well as Corneila for Code Geass is the VA for Balsa.

the only flaw is that the flow is definitely too slow for some people. as showed in the raitings during it's Adult Swim run.

Sure it's no record of loddos war , but it's defilitely one of the better fantasy anime series since Scrapped Princcess.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

Last edited by jr240483 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rabrek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
And it's definitely have an very solid english dub. Even those accursed haters will have to admit it's as good , if not better than the original. Probably cause they have the same VA that did Motoko Kussagani in stand alone complex & as well as Corneila as the VA for Balsa.

Y'know, that's what I thought for the longest time, too. However, Cindy Robinson voices Balsa, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voices the Major. Their voices share certain qualities that really suit the characters... maybe one day they'll dub bad-ass sisters.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
rabrek wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
And it's definitely have an very solid english dub. Even those accursed haters will have to admit it's as good , if not better than the original. Probably since the same VA that did Motoko Kussagani in stand alone complex & as well as Corneila for Code Geass is the VA for Balsa.

Y'know, that's what I thought for the longest time, too. However, Cindy Robinson voices Balsa, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voices the Major. Their voices share certain qualities that really suit the characters... maybe one day they'll dub bad-ass sisters.

Not quite. I'm preety sure their the same person since some of the VA from Bang Zoom have a habit of using Aliases for some anime series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2