• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Scrapper

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey I just came across this the other day and was wondering if you guys are fine with people using it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=69405&highlight=ANN

Its a scrapper for the ANN encyclopedia that pulls info into the video library program XBMC and a few other projects based off of it. The author of the scrapper sites an old thread where you guys seems ok with a scrapper for a different purpose, though ones for this particular purpose never seem to be addressed.

Was just wondering ya'll stance on this and if its ok if you all might have some suggestion to make it better. Its not my project and I think its been left for dead but I am sure I could clean it up if the author wasn't interested in making any further changes.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
I don't mind scrappers when they are used responsibly (i.e. not hammering the site) and in the absence of a proper Encyclopedia API it's better than nothing. But since we're talking about making an API there's not much point in reviving this scrapper if it's been left dead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome thanks for the update!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1