• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your most anticipated purchase

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
I'm not a Nendoroid collector, but seeing the Panty and Stocking Nendos is making me want to jump on board.

Panty & Stocking

FLY AWAY NOW!

Jesus. I didn't think people actually buy stuff from J-List...

That shit is so ludicrously overpriced it isn't even funny... I found most of the stuff on there on Play-Asia for considerably lower prices...

Example:
http://www.play-asia.com/Catherine/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-40im.html
http://www.jlist.com/product/PS3CATHE
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

F Peter Payne. That man is king of weeaboo.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

That shit is so ludicrously overpriced it isn't even funny... I found most of the stuff on there on Play-Asia for considerably lower prices...

Example:
http://www.play-asia.com/Catherine/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-40im.html
http://www.jlist.com/product/PS3CATHE

Oh, I know J-List is ultra pricey, I just used their link since my previous search for the Nendos just turned up nothing but concept art. Now since I swapped the words around, I have turned up dozens of images....le sigh.....And Play-Asia does rule, I get a bunch of my games there, and they are wonderful to work with.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!! Parts 2 and 3! I loved the first part so much in English, I had to get the rest of it.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Just seeing Asuka on the side there is making me pine for Evangelion 2.22. And Shinji might be hating life, but seriously: he gets to spend time Asuka! (Yeah, I'm an Asuka fanboy.)

Anyway, it's already pre-ordered on Blu-ray. The end of March can't get here soon enough!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
(Yeah, I'm an Asuka fanboy.)
I'll pray for you. Laughing

She is lookin' pretty damn good on that ad, but that fact that she's a total bitch still stands. Confused And, yeah, I've had the BD pre-ordered for over a month now. Of course, I still have to get the 1st one on BD, but meh--details.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I have to ask, and it seems like this is the right place to do it. I've actually never seen Evangelion, but heard it being throw around so much. I mean, to be honest, Im more into comedy and herem with a mix of everything in between.

Honest to god, Im not into straight up action, or even mecha animes, but that fact that its so famous that you can't go anywhere in the anime world without seeing Evangelion makes me tempted to try it. May be a dumbass question, but should I still add this to my shopping list for when I get to the states in the beginning of May knowing that Im not a fan of straight up mecha or action?

And that pic of her is pretty crazy, and hot at the same time.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
^Hey, bro, we're in the same boat. I've never actually seen the original series, nor any of the old movies, nor any of the rebuild movies in their entirety. But I do know enough about the characters from clips I have seen to know that Asuka's a bitch, though. Laughing

That's why I plan on getting into the series, starting with the 1.11 BD(which I still gotta buy, followed shortly by 2.22 which I have pre-ordered. Then I'll go back and by the original series and all. I'm just jumping into the craze, I guess.

If you don't wanna be left behind, I figure you should do the same, bro. Cool
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Asukas a shitbag alright, but she does provide a fair amount of comedy I suppose. I would say get the original series since it is a fantastic mecha series, albeit with a craptacular ending. It has awesome animation and grat action scenes right up until the ending. I haven't seen the old movies, but they are getting extremely hard to find in new condition (especially End of Evangelion) so I don't know about those. I've seen the first rebuild movie and it's pretty much the same as the first 7-8 episodes of the series, with snazzier animation. 2.22 deviates a lot farther and introduces a new character, and was much more enjoyable to me than 1.11.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
I have to ask, and it seems like this is the right place to do it. I've actually never seen Evangelion, but heard it being throw around so much. I mean, to be honest, Im more into comedy and herem with a mix of everything in between.

Honest to god, Im not into straight up action, or even mecha animes, but that fact that its so famous that you can't go anywhere in the anime world without seeing Evangelion makes me tempted to try it. May be a dumbass question, but should I still add this to my shopping list for when I get to the states in the beginning of May knowing that Im not a fan of straight up mecha or action?

And that pic of her is pretty crazy, and hot at the same time.

Well, since I actually *have* seen the original series plus the movie, I'll try to give you a decent answer.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (NGE) is indeed a sort of mecha anime. HOWEVER, it is much more complex than that. There are a lot of threads that make up the plot of the series, and they are wound together really well.

Take Asuka for instance: yes, she comes across as a selfish, annoying bitch at first. But as the series progresses, you start to find out why, and when you see what happened to her in her past, it's surprising she's able to function well at all. She is a true tsundare when it comes to Shinji (the main male portagonist), meaning she does, in fact, like Shinji, but you have to pay close attention to see it.

NGE doesn't pull punches and it doesn't talk down to its audience. The politics and interpersonal relationships among the adults (and between the adults and the kids) do matter a great deal. And the adults *do* act like adults, just as the teens do act like teens (complete with angst).

Even if you aren't really into mecha anime (I'm not particularly into them, either), this is a show you definitely want to see at least once. If possible, rent the series and watch it. If you do watch the series, make sure you also watch the movie "End of Evangelion" (EoE) as well, as its ending makes a bit more sense than the series did.

Out of all the anime I've rated (around 170), I have only 6 rated as Masterpiece -- this is one of them.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Most Anticipated Purchase for me will be the Blu-Ray of Redline, I will pre-order it as soon as it's available and I haven't even seen it yet. The previews are enough to put it as a must buy for me, along with reviews I've read of it. Just wish it would stop pushing back its release dates!
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
@Sanosuke_Inara: I couldn't care if I got left behind. But I think as a fan, its important to at least see some of the legacy titles. The only ones I've seen and own is shuffle! and Elfen Lied. Both aren't in my territory of what Id rather watch, but its famous and a legacy in the anime world. So I thought I should deviate from my comfort zone and check em out.

Could I just jump into 2.22 You cannot advance without watching the others and still sort understand the background, or should I start from the beginning?

For the record, I love bitch anime girls. They are just so HOT and kinky about almost everything they do.

My list of things Im dying to get my hands on:

To Love Ru 2
Sekirei Pure Engagment
Rosario+Vampire 1 and 2 (STOP WITH THE DELAYS!!!!)
Queen's Blade artbox boxset if there is one.
Kanokon

My shopping list for when I get to the states this April-May

Kanokon
IkkiTousen Dragon Destiny
Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka
Kampfer
DemonBane
Queen's Blade (Im kinda hoping that someone would release a artbox boxset on both the 2 seasons. Anyone have any idea about? Will hold off on buying the complete series if there is a chance of an artbox set comming out).
Karin
Toloveru
Needless (Ill give it a try)
Koihime Muso
Nyan Koi!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Could I just jump into 2.22 You cannot advance without watching the others and still sort understand the background, or should I start from the beginning?

If you had watched the series already then there probably wouldn't be a problem doing that as Evangelion 1.1, which you'd be skipping, has very little new footage. and basically recaps the first couple Angel attacks in the series with better animation. Evangelion 2.2 is actually where the rebuild re-adaptation starts to change things so you probably wouldn't be too lost. If you haven't seen the series it's not advisable to skip the Evangelion 1.1 movie at all because you will be totally lost. It's not a story you can jump into at any time. Personally, I'd not advise watching these until you've seen the series at least, heck I'll sell you mine for a decent price.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:45 am Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
@Sanosuke_Inara: I couldn't care less if I got left behind.
Fix'd. Wink

Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
But I think as a fan, its important to at least see some of the legacy titles. The only ones I've seen and own is shuffle! and Elfen Lied. Both aren't in my territory of what Id rather watch, but its famous and a legacy in the anime world. So I thought I should deviate from my comfort zone and check em out.
Woah, woah, what the hell do you mean Shuffle!? That show is by no means anything worth of some special legacy. Saying that it is is, like, an insult to anything that truly bears that title. Shocked

Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
For the record, I love bitch anime girls. They are just so HOT and kinky about almost everything they do.
I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers, too. Laughing
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:

Woah, woah, what the hell do you mean Shuffle!? That show is by no means anything worth of some special legacy. Saying that it is is, like, an insult to anything that truly bears that title. Shocked

Shuffle! is not that bad of a show. It is no masterpiece even I will admit that, but it is still enjoyable and still a B quality show.

Back on topic, now that it seems that some of the Queens Blade BD's are out, and I hear it looks good I can't wait until I get it in my hands.

I also want to throw out that since the Cowboy Bebop movie is coming to BD, I can't wait to find out how good it looks on BD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6