• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Dawn of the Arcana, Pokemon B&W Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
If that last X omnibus has the "Volume 18.5" chapters included then it would definitely be worth buying, doubly so if the omnibuses are unflipped.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
The PR mentioned that yes, the pages would be in their original right-to-left unflipped composition for X. Plus new-to-US colour artwork. I didn't see anything about 18.5, but perhaps...
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll definately read 5D's and Pokemon BW. I never read X, now may be my big chance! Smile
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for more Pokemon, VIZ. Based on the art in the article, this will be Kiwamero! Pokemon BW. Will we eventually get Hidenori Kusaka's Black and White manga for Pokemon Adventures/Special? Probably some time down the road, when there are more chapters, and more than zero tankoubon...
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I kinda wish I didn't have the original X volumes now...
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I'll very likely be getting Psyren. The X omnibuses and Dawn of the Arcana are maybes. No interest in anything else.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely be considering the X omnibus volumes. So sad that still hasn't wrapped up in Japan.
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Nice news! Glad to see a new edition of X. Not sure if I'll pick any up since I have most of the volumes, but it's nice to see a new edition to go along with Dark Horse's collections of all of CLAMP's other series [not sure if ANN posted the news, but DH is doing Angelic Layer and Tokyo Babylon next]. The PR indicates that it will be unflipped, and have full colour pages.

I'm kind of excited to see a new fantasy shojo series- it's been awhile since we had that sort of series. Dawn of the Arcana sounds interesting...... am curious if it'll be published in SigIkki sized trades given the price.

The price point on the Pokemon B+W has me curious- is this shorter collections, a kids manga/picture book combo of some sorts, or just a really low price for standard manga?

Nice to see a new SigIkki pickup with Tesoro. I imagine the lack of new SigIkki titles is moreso due to the line having a smaller slate [with many of the titles ongoing], so makes sense to slot in a 1-shot. Hope we see more 1-shots and short series pop up in the line.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
X!!!!!! That is so awesome. I didn't bother buying the manga from Viz originally because it was long out-of-print. I hope they publish some more out-of-print series as omnibuses.

I'm disappointed that they chose to license that B&W manga. I was expecting Pokemon Adventures: Black and White, but I suppose it's a bit too early for that. The cheap price is a bonus though!
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
If the X rerelease is unflipped I will probably pick it up. Of my existing copies I have the first seven volumes of the original larger sized Viz editions and then the rest of the series in the smaller flipped books. That alone has always annoyed me.
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Viz Bigs of X have the spine art similar to the old volumes, I loved how they looked put together Smile Or if Viz decides to make a Vagabond Viz-Big like spine art then it would be ok too Smile
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so X will be released in October. Good, that gives me time to catch up on other series. Can't wait to for it though! Razz

Quote:
but DH is doing Angelic Layer and Tokyo Babylon next

Really?! Razz When? I already own the five volumes of Angelic Layer, but I might double dip if their nice omnibuses. As for Tokyo Babylon, I've wanted to read the manga since I saw the OVA. Can't wait for that one either. Do you know when they will be released?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh heck yeah! Totally getting the X omnibuses. ^^ It's one of the few CLAMP series I don't have, so even though it's left unfinished I still want it. And an October release? Perfect timing for me to save up the money for it - whether I'm getting it at TRSI or Barnes and Noble. Anime catgrin
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Okay, so X will be released in October. Good, that gives me time to catch up on other series. Can't wait to for it though! Razz

Quote:
but DH is doing Angelic Layer and Tokyo Babylon next

Really?! Razz When? I already own the five volumes of Angelic Layer, but I might double dip if their nice omnibuses. As for Tokyo Babylon, I've wanted to read the manga since I saw the OVA. Can't wait for that one either. Do you know when they will be released?

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/22/we-chat-with-dark-horses-michael-gombos-about-their-manga-publishing-program/

DH announced omnibuses for both series in this interview, and will apparently aim to release them later this year. They've also picked up the FLCL manga.

Between this news and VIZ announcing their new titles for later this year, there's lots of good manga news to go around, which is nice after a bit of bad news lately.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to reading Pokemon BW and Mameshiba. Now if only VIZ would finish some of their hiatus titles instead acquiring new ones. Wouldn't that be nice. =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2