• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bexley Anime and Manga Festival Line-Up Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I can understand the legal reasons why younger teenagers cant go to the screenings of filems, but why do the other events have an upper age limit? Is it another silly insurance thing? Im just curious...
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, but it may be related to a comment in the program: 'All our events outside of the cinema have been made possible with the support of funding from the Youth Opportunities Fund.'
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Well that might explain it *lol*... I was just wondering if there was an insurance reason behind it, because thats why theres now pointless age limits at most of the UK events which stop younger people from going there
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Those above the age limit could simply take a train to Charing Cross and lurk around Forbidden Planet instead. The location is preferable, I say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I've never even been to Bexley myself so I cant say, however I do try to avoid the big cities where most of these events are. For the same reason I've never been to a Forbidden Planet shop either, because theyre all in cities. I know the one in Leicester is supposed to have been awesome and win until they stopped selling manga and imported games, and I dont know enough about what the other ones are actually like
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1