• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Kodansha USA Announces the Return of Sailor Moon

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming they won't be using Tokyopop/Mixx's translation for this? Good license and I hope this leads to more ex-TP Kodansha stuff being picked up (Love Hina anyone?)
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I never read the manga for Sailor Moon, so this is a good time to at least try it out with the Sailor V release there. If I like it and get into it, I'll get on board for the manga series.
captkirakira

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
*explodes all over the walls and floor with happiness*
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I like their style, so I'll buy their manga. Now if they could also release the rest of the Guin Saga arcs as well even more of my money will go to them. Go on Kodansha USA, You know you want to. Wink
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I'm assuming they won't be using Tokyopop/Mixx's translation for this? Good license and I hope this leads to more ex-TP Kodansha stuff being picked up (Love Hina anyone?)

From what I remember, isn't Love Hina still in most book stores? Granted, I was lucky enough to get the original Love Hina manga (with two of the volumes have a very fine paper feel to them) but admitingly, that was two years after Tokyo Pop finished the series.

Tokyo Pop licensed Love Hina in 2002 and finished the series by 2003. So given that it's almost been a decade since the series was first licensed, I am not sure if TP still has the rights to the series or not though.

None the less, I am fairly certain any news of Sailor Moon will make tons of fans happy.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
::Picks jaw up from ground and does the happy dance:: Smile This one rumor that ended up being true that someone had rescued the manga license. Now if only Funimation could get the anime.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Thank you!!!!!

I'm a big fan of this series and bringing back the manga will be more than enough for me to make more purchases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
F*** YEAH!!!
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
There is one concern, though: this new manga release is based on the 12-volume edition that came out in Japan in 2003. I wonder how much of the artwork was changed compared to the original 18-volume release from the 1990's.
Vapors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOO F&&&&&******%%%%%%'ing way!

Finally, I can replace my worn Mixx/TP copies. Honestly, I figured by this point pigs would fly before I saw another Sailor Moon license in America. And from reading the announcement, it looks like we can expect a truer translation. And Codename Sailor V making its official North American debut? As Charlie Sheen would saying "Winning!"
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Um 1997 0_o what? Over here in Canada it was 1995...okay i read it started in 96 in USA and came back in 97.

I'm not a fan at all of the manga style i like the redone covers on the Japanese versions though
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the quick releases!
Dakaran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:31 am Reply with quote
This is big news =p!
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
OMG! =D Can't wait!! I've been trying to finish reading this for a while; can't wait! X3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Celes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
There is one concern, though: this new manga release is based on the 12-volume edition that came out in Japan in 2003. I wonder how much of the artwork was changed compared to the original 18-volume release from the 1990's.

Not much to be concerned about, the artwork re-touches were in the Japanese re-releases, which I own, and I didn't notice anything that was earth-shattering. The one example I can think of off the top of my head is the chapter where you meet Ami. In the original manga she drops floppy disk and in the re-touched art she drops a CD. The new cover art for the Japanese re-releases were gorgeous and I hope they use the same ones for the American re-releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3