• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dark Horse Signs New Agreements for Domo Merchandise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed to see so many Domo things around. Hell, a Halloween or two ago they had the character doing promos for 7/11 and Target. I remember five or so years ago finding random quicktime movie files of a bunch of the shorts. It was this really obscure bizarre thing friends and I watched. Now he's everywhere in the US. I picked up a plush the other day of Domo with a mustache on a whim as I had recently grown a similar crazy one. Though that's by some company called License2Play, not Dark Horse.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
They've got Domo hats at Walmart, and I've been to a few stores here (In Ohio) that have Domo toys in the coin machines out front (they look like phone strap figures with the straps removed. They're tiny and cost 50 cents)
Cait

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote
And let's not forget the Domo Taco Bell Kids Meal promotion (of which never actually came to the Taco Bell here...).

I'm looking forward to the metal lunchbox that's set to come out this spring.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah. The few times I've gone into a WalMart for those hard to find Lego mini-figs, I think I saw one. That and maybe Target. Not surprised they tried the kids meal toy marketing, but Taco Bell? Anyway, it's amazing how the brand has erally been pushing in the US. I remember first seeing Domo merch at a con years ago and thinking how amazing it was to see it in the US. Now I can walk into Target, never mind something with more eclectic Newbury Comics where I once got soemthign obscure like Berserk statue. Hell, I went to the dollar store next to Target and they had capsule toys of Domokun in an old gumball machine, not even those newer Japanese-like Tomy ones I see in malls now.
DTJB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
At Target the other day, saw a new shirt for Domo. Dude was rocking that CURLEY MUSTACHE! So Pringles.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Huh. At Target you say? I saw the same one at Urban Outfitters, but there it was like $24-30. Though I've seen that happen before. For a lower price I might have to get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1