• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alice in the Country of Hearts Game Gets Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
This is really weird. No, not the movie, but the fact I just went on Amazon to check for the 6th volume of Hearts, and it was avaliable for preorder. Then I came skipping over here and I see this. Not to mention last night I was like, "Huh, I wonder if they're ever going to release that Alice OVA QuinRose said they would..." AND IT HAPPENED. ESP, MAN!!! Weeeeeird.

I'm so excited to see the seiyuu who plays Alice (PLEASE NOT KANAE ITO... I hope it's someone not too popular, you know?)
IvoryMist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I loved the manga, and I while I was reading it I was thinking about how it would make a great anime.

My dream has come true >w<
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
OMG YES!
This is so awesome! I can't wait to see how this plays out. Hopefully it'll also get licensed for an R1 release - I'd LOVE to get this on my shelf! I don't even care if it's dubbed or not; I just want it. ^^
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Ooooo, sounds exciting. I've been meaning to pick up the manga and I think I'll definitely give it a read now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zaeris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I saw Rie Kugimiya and died a little inside, I might be hasty but I'm praying that Alice isn't some tsundere type character?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
zaeris wrote:
I saw Rie Kugimiya and died a little inside, I might be hasty but I'm praying that Alice isn't some tsundere type character?
Well, basing my view on the manga and not the game (since I have yet to play it due to a lack of an English version), she can be at times. I guess it depends on the man she's with, since her personality tends to shift based on whose she's with. However, I'm pretty sure that Rie Kugimiya will play Alice well.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
That's a nice looking cast. Hope Tokyopop or someone will bring over Alice in the Country of the Joker because I'm really enjoying Alice in the Country of Hearts despite it being based on a otome game.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
That's a nice looking cast. Hope Tokyopop or someone will bring over Alice in the Country of the Joker because I'm really enjoying Alice in the Country of Hearts despite it being based on a otome game.
Well, as far as I know Alice in the Country of Hearts is doing well for Tokyopop, so I'd like to think that they bring over the other with hopes that it'll do equally as well.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
@ss-hikaru you make it sound like it's a bad thing to be based off an otome game. xD

As long as Rie Kugumiya doesn't use her loli tsundere voice it's okay. :/ I always pictured this Alice with more of a mature voice then any female character i've heard Rei Kugumiya play.

Anyway I guess it's about time I get the game Anniversary no Kuni no Alice, instead of just watching some one else play it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
If any show ever deserves the lolicon treatment, this should be it.

Because...... y'know........ Lewis Carroll is a known lolicon.
It'd just be apropos. Laughing
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
zaeris wrote:

Exactly what I thought. Honestly, Kanae Ito would have been better than her...
zaeris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
zaeris wrote:

I did a search on her profile... beside Touka from Marimite who I think may somewhat match Alice but choosing Kugimiya has more concerns.

There's a high chance of her using her loli moe voice and her high pitch seems to give away her voice easily. Maybe I'm wrong and she has a great vocal range. Unless Alice is a loli tsundere ^^, then perhaps the casting is obvious.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
zaeris wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
zaeris wrote:

I did a search on her profile... beside Touka from Marimite who I think may somewhat match Alice but choosing Kugimiya has more concerns.

There's a high chance of her using her loli moe voice and her high pitch seems to give away her voice easily. Maybe I'm wrong and she has a great vocal range. Unless Alice is a loli tsundere ^^, then perhaps the casting is obvious.

D; She was Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist so she does have a great vocal range but it seems her loli tsundere voice is popular :S
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1