• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are the best anime soundtracks?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naninanino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I recently found my new favorite. It's the soundtrack of Heartcatch Precure. The last time I've heard a soundtrack kick this much ass is from a from a show 25 years old. Here are some picks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEfBoq9Ji-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGw4Xk9Atg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2YDYyTCYQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKlKZtivNw
ShAkY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:21 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: No one-liners. Put reasons. -TK]
Speeddasher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put reasons. -TK]
4750G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I love anime soundtracks. I would recommend them all, but here are my top picks:

1. Fairy Tail - opening themes only, though. I prefer the opening themes because they're more upbeat and catchy than the ending themes (for me, at least). I especially like Fiesta and Ft., they really get you going. There are others, like Evidence, which I won't really describe as upbeat, but the drums is good, it's not a sleepy song, and the tempo's not too slow nor too fast.

2. Bleach - again, more of opening themes. For Bleach, more of the songs I like sound like punk rock or alternative rock. Fast tempo, and the kind of loud that wakes you up. There are quieter ones, but these are ending themes, like Life and Life is Like a Boat; Life is Like a Boat, I like for its lyrics, while Life is just so damn catchy.

3. Honey and Clover I - I haven't got to watching the second season so I have yet to hear it soundtrack. The opening and ending themes of Honey and Clover I are very different. Its ending, Waltz, is what I'd call mellow, the song you listen to during quiet, rainy days. Its opening, Dramatic, on the other hand, is quite lively. Plus Yuki's voice is really cute. The opening and ending themes of Honey and Clover are best listened to while watching the anime itself, because the accompanying video is truly... unique.

Enjoy listening!
The_Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm where do i begin? i I suppose i should list some of my favourites which with a bit of luck will something your after.

Fullmetal Alchemist OST 2, truely fantastic classical music with a mixture of calming and dramatic vibes.

Bleach OST 1, a real mixed bag of modern songs but it is my favourite out of the 8 Bleach OST's i have.

Naruto Shippuden OST 2, a fabulous mixture of dark and light music with a very oriental feel.

Death Note OST 1, anyone who has watched anime for a while will recognise these songs a mile away. There is nothing light hearted about this OST on its own, but when you have seen the anime aswell it truely brings about a very powerful enviroment.

And because i can i also suggest Ghost In The Shell, Stand Alone Complex OST 2, there's something for everyone in this OST.

I have many many more aswell but that should do it for today.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
If you're after classical sounding stuff, the soundtracks of Vampire Knight and Ouran High School Host Club are both pretty good. Ouran is much more light and Baroque sounding than VK, which is much more dark and brooding n
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am Reply with quote
On the strength of liking "Genesis of Aquarion" and "Go Tight" I bought:

Genesis of Aquarion Original Soundtrack 2
Animation Soundtrack (Music by Yoko Kanno, Hisaaki Hogari)

and have really enjoyed it. One of the most diverse soundtracks imaginable - vocal harmonies, Mexican style, classical, drum'n'bass... Smile
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No listing. Put reasons. -TK]
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I like the Bleach soundtrack when taken as a whole. There's hours of good music in there from a wide variety of genres by one of the best modern composers alive imo: Shiro Sagisu.
Konopan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: No one-liners. Put reasons. -TK]
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
My top picks:

Juuni Kokki, Escaflowne, and FFVII Piano Collections. The last two, I found the OSTs on eBay; JK I purchased with a deputy service. The music is just great; even classical aficionados would like these pieces. One song in particular - Main Theme from FFVII - is so fun to play on the piano (my only hang up are those darn triplets). Now if only I could find the OST for Sword of the Stranger ...

Last edited by JuniorMintKiss on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Konopan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Reasons. -TK]
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
My pics are KHR, One Piece, Durarara, S-cry-ed, Outlaw Star, Naruto, both FMA shows, Soul Eater, and P&SWG. Most of are because of the openings or endings and even music in the shows
_Emi_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Thorn of Camorr wrote:
Another one I just thought of that's great is the Paprika soundtrack, such wonderful slightly trippy at times music, but the main theme is so light and wonderful.

Anything by Susumu Hirasawa would be an excellent choice. The guy is amazing. Besides Paprika, he has done Millenium Actress, Berserk and Paranoia Agent and will be doing the music for the upcoming Berserk and The Dream Machine movies. While I have not heard them yet, I know they will be awesome. The one disappointing thing about Berserk's soundtrack is that they did not have do the OP and ED so we are instead saddled with these lame rock numbers that don't fit at all, especially the opening. And they had such great opening potential with BERSERK ~forces~ which is relegated to a short clip during some battles and the next episode previews. I'm baffled that they didn't make this the opening. He also releases his own albums which are also all awesome. If had to pick one where Susumus Hirasawa was at his finest, I'd pick none of them as that would imply that he was never at his finest.

Lizzie_B wrote:
My pics are KHR...

For KHR, it's more the OP, ED and IN songs that you want to go for. Truly a great slice of 80s J-pop. My favorite is A Sad Heart Is A Burning Heart, the 2nd ending I do believe, although they're all great.
cheshirelinker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put reasons. -TK]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4