• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast The World God Only Knows 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburstall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
Only 12 episodes?? Is there enough source material for a full 24 or 26 episode series?
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Why do they keep listing all the airtimes in Pacific time? Not everyone lives on the West Coast!

If the manga's running as long as it is, they should have just made it a long series to begin with. It worked for Bleach, Inuyasha, Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku, Naruto, Gintama, and Dragon Ball Z.
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I do think there's enough material for 24 episodes. There are more girls to capture, and it could even dip into the current goddesses arc.

But anyway, I'm glad there's a second season. ALthough, one of the downsides of following the manga is that you know what's going to happen in the anime. Oh well, here's to Yokkyun!
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Epic.

Yeah, there's still like 10 girls to go or something like that, but I'm fine with one cour at a time.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be great if more animation production companies felt confident in breaking up their series into shorter bite sized seasons. Then maybe we wouldn't get all the soul crushing filler from some of the more popular shows like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.

I'm really looking forward to season 2. Aside from maybe the first girl in the first season, all of the girls Keima has had to pursue have been interesting and really well fleshed out.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
I do think there's enough material for 24 episodes. There are more girls to capture, and it could even dip into the current goddesses arc.

I do prefer the 12/13 episodes approach since we will never have to fear the dreaded filler episodes. IMO Naruto and similar series would become more dynamic (no filler, no slow-paced episodes) if they were broadcast for one or two seasons a year. There would be no need of rebooting series like FMA. Another possibility is that ge get an OVA or a movie between seasons.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Why do they keep listing all the airtimes in Pacific time? Not everyone lives on the West Coast!
Then what time zone should they list? Not everyone lives in the mountains, on the plains, or on the east coast, either. And that's not even getting into all the other countries in which streams are available. If CR is based on the west coast, then it's perfectly logical to use their time zone.
kitchiri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
lol expecting long-lasting series for Manglobe?... Not going to work at all. Late night animation never gets mainstream attention.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
In a world where anime like Martian Successor Nadesico, Shigurui and Kuragehime are left unfinished, the fact that The Word God Only Knows is considered worthy of a second season is compelling evidence to me that There Is No God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote
I find it more enjoyable than Kuragehime at the very least. Haven't seen the other two.

Quote:
Then what time zone should they list?

I vote for GMT. Easier to recognize what time it is over here if the rest of the world simply start using GMT + -. Even more when your country has like 3 time zones added to daylight savings. Laughing
arielifeoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
In a world where anime like Martian Successor Nadesico, Shigurui and Kuragehime are left unfinished, the fact that The Word God Only Knows is considered worthy of a second season is compelling evidence to me that There Is No God.

I feel your pain. I'm with you on Kuragehime.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:

Well i'm sorry you feel this way but The Word God Only Knows is a great and funny show. And i for one welcome back our God Keima.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ALthough, one of the downsides of following the manga is that you know what's going to happen in the anime.

To be fair, when a manga-based anime does not follow the manga's plotline, you know what is going to happen as well: the show is going to suck.

Quote:
I do prefer the 12/13 episodes approach since we will never have to fear the dreaded filler episodes.

Sadly, the anime of TWOGK used the filler arcs from the manga. That got me to stop watching. The manga didn't make the transition well, IMO. I would have rather seen Otaku no musume-san make the transition to anime, but whatever.
Quote:
expecting long-lasting series for Manglobe?

No, but I find it offensive that this generic show gets 24 episodes while Ergo Proxy was curtailed to 23, and that Samurai Champloo never got a continuation.

Quote:
all of the girls Keima has had to pursue have been interesting and really well fleshed out.

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree here. 2-3 episodes per girl does not make character development. Especially when the premise of the show is that all the girls are generic stereotypes. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1