• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Alright I was hoping CR would get this. I'm so getting my membership renewed this weekend through snail mail. I totally loved Junjo Romantica I hope this will be just as good.

CR got some good titles this season.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about this title now but just wanted to ask one thing first, how much focus is there on the BL in this series? I know it's a romance so I expect a lot of it but CR has it listed as "yayoi" so I'm a little hesitant to try it out.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I'm curious about this title now but just wanted to ask one thing first, how much focus is there on the BL in this series? I know it's a romance so I expect a lot of it but CR has it listed as "yayoi" so I'm a little hesitant to try it out.

A Yayoi anime (i.e. set between 200 BCE and 200 CE) would be epic. Wink

I've been over the webpage, and yes, it's a romance between two men (both adults! yay!) so it is definitely BL. If you're asking how sexually explicit it is... where is CCSYueh when we need her? She's the resident expert. Smile "Yaoi" is sometimes used in America even when there is no sexual content, so it can get very confusing.
HatsumiShinogu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:

I cannot say for the anime but the manga is definitely explicit. If you're not into BL, you might not want to watch it. But again, companies tend to tone it down a bit in anime, so it might not be that bad.

I, on the other hand, so looking forward to this one! I am a big fan of Shungiku Nakamura's Junjo Romantica and this one looks good too.
HatsumiShinogu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote
HatsumiShinogu wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

I cannot say for the anime but the manga is definitely explicit. If you're not into BL, you might not want to watch it. But again, companies tend to tone it down a bit in anime, so it might not be that bad.

I, on the other hand, so looking forward to this one! I am a big fan of Shungiku Nakamura's Junjo Romantica and this one looks good too.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I was hoping someone would pick this up for streaming~
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
If the anime was explicit they would have put down only available for mature audiences plus this is a TV anime so its most likely the watered down version of the manga.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:

Have you watched Junjou Romantica? This will be VERY similar to that. This time, it's mostly focused on love and romance in the workplace(Shoujo Manga Editorial Office). A lot of comedy and angst. There's also three couples in the storyline.

Last edited by AyumiHamasaki on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Junjou Romance (read the reviews here but that was it) so yeah, just wanted to see how explict it is (since I've run across some rather hardcore series recently and have discovered that no, that's not what I want to be watching). Guess I'll just hang back and see what the reviews say first then.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Ehh no thanks I'm not into BL.. But I'll admit the end of the trailer was funny.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Haven't seen Junjou Romance (read the reviews here but that was it) so yeah, just wanted to see how explict it is (since I've run across some rather hardcore series recently and have discovered that no, that's not what I want to be watching). Guess I'll just hang back and see what the reviews say first then.

This is a TV series, which means no explicitness Wink But there are IMPLIED scenes. I don't think it's any worst than any shounen series that displays girls' underwears and bras and half naked women.

But if you enjoy a nice romantic story, then SiH is for you Very Happy
Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I love BL, for sure, but I don't like romance stories... we need more BL anime out there that have an actual plot outside the romance D:
Oh, well. I'll probably watch a couple of episodes anyway, just to see... if it's as boring as Junjou...
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
This is a TV series, which means no explicitness Wink But there are IMPLIED scenes. I don't think it's any worst than any shounen series that displays girls' underwears and bras and half naked women.

Unlike most shounen series though, I bet there will be actual sex scenes, albeit tastfully done (a la Junjou)-- obscured by shadows, objects in the foreground, etc. It won't be like a hentai or something.

Anyway, good news and I'm also waiting for the manga to be released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
AyumiHamasaki wrote:

Unlike most shounen series though, I bet there will be actual sex scenes, albeit tastfully done (a la Junjou)-- obscured by shadows, objects in the foreground, etc. It won't be like a hentai or something.

Anyway, good news and I'm also waiting for the manga to be released.

A lot of shounen/seinen series contain sex scenes though. (Or at least the ones that I have seen).

For example, off the top of my head:

Berserk
Evangelion
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Tenchi Muyo
His and Her Circumstances
Fushigi Yuugi (Shoujo)
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
A lot of shounen/seinen series contain sex scenes though. (Or at least the ones that I have seen).

For example, off the top of my head:

Berserk
Evangelion
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Tenchi Muyo
His and Her Circumstances
Fushigi Yuugi (Shoujo)
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

(1) The person said "shounen," which is not "seinen," since the latter is aimed at people over 18 and the former is not.
(2) You then include two shoujo titles on your list...
(3) ...because His and Her Circumstances is shoujo, too.
(4) I don't get this list at all. What is your point? That anime from various demographics have featured sex scenes?

@Saturn:
I feel that way about romances in general, regardless of the genders involved. I love Nodame Cantabile, for example, because it's as much about their music careers as it is about their romance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2