• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On Vol 1 DVD Expected by August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 am Reply with quote
With Madman releasing more and more of their anime in native PAL now, it really is better to wait.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'll be waiting for the BDs anyway (I may even have some disposable income by then).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Please don't import R1 edition. It'll kill us.

This is, oddly enough, the first time I've seen Manga make such a request explicitly. Is the effect of the R1 advantage so prevalent as to force them to ask this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gentry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:

This is, oddly enough, the first time I've seen Manga make such a request explicitly. Is the effect of the R1 advantage so prevalent as to force them to ask this?
Yes.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
K-ON! is a happy series that really helped to cheer me up in the past when I was feeling sad, I plan to wait for Manga Entertainment's u.k. release and buy the singles as they will be cheap (I don't want to wait for the boxset), I am really looking forward to this, thanks Manga!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay I'll rent the singles and if I like it enough I'll buy the box set later. Job's a good'un. Wink
superunature

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
2012?
3 years after it aires?
I think demand will be very limited as it is already been released in who knows how many countries, and likely people who wants it already has it.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:
2012?
3 years after it aires?
I think demand will be very limited as it is already been released in who knows how many countries, and likely people who wants it already has it.

That's the boxset, the first single comes out in summer this year, not long after the bandai release starts, or at least it's a very short delay compared to what things were like in the past (do you remember how long it took the u.k. to get Cowboy Bebop or X TV, for instance?)
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:

Do these people fail to understand the graveness of this situation? Voting with their wallets will kill Manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
superunature wrote:

Do these people fail to understand the graveness of this situation? Voting with their wallets will kill Manga.
That's why timing is everything. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1