• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenjirou Hata: Hayate's 3rd Season After Summer Movie

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
i dont consider the 2nd season real...it was more of reboot and kinda sucked compared to the first lol
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well the second season covered some of the so-so arcs in the manga, skipping over things covered in season 1 kinda.

It's still good news, if the movie is covering the End of the World arc then the new season should cover the Golden Week arc. Or, the job hunting arcs which is still nice.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I haven't read the manga, but I hope they continue in the style of the second season. Initially I was disappointed the second season retold events of the first, but a bit into it, I am definitely glad they rebooted the series that way with some more focus on the character relationships

Last edited by configspace on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
hmm I wonder how there going to play the more serious tone that takes place in the manga. I am happy to hear that none the less though..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote
yeah the second season was more faithful to the manga material i believe where as the first season was completely different from the manga.
estron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
The second season was basically all the chapters they skipped in the first season. The only about half of the first season was from the manga. Most of the second half of the first season was anime original. I liked the second season however I wish they had been more faithful to the manga from the start since the way they presented the 2 seasons that cover similar time periods only served to be confusing to people who haven't read the manga.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Can't get enough of Hayate the Covert Harem! lol

Though the anime diverges from the manga in some places I don't think it was in bad taste. The way this series is set up just makes it easy to go off on a tangent while still maintaining the same level of hilarity. I for one enjoyed every minute of the anime so far, and I am anxiously awaiting more!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming that if it's announced this early it will be fall 2011 or Spring 2012. If so, does this mean no Shana Season 3 until Fall 2012?

Of course, what would be epic is if both shows ran at the same time....but it would be quite hard on the staff, animation studio, and voice cast due to significant overlap.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This is ... awesomeness. I knew there was a HTC movie coming but I didn't know that a third season was on its way, too. I can't get enough of this franchise. I actually preferred the tone of the second season as compared to the first. The first was basically all gags all the time with very little real effort put into relationship or romance stuff. Funny thing is I watched the entire second season and didn't even realize it was a quasi-reboot. I just assumed it had picked up where the first season had ended off. The only thing I remember was there had been some reference about Hayate only having been Nagi's butler for a month and I remember thinking, "geez, he seems to have been there a lot longer than that" but just put it down to the general wonkiness of the show.
mad mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was coming (Hata has been dancing around the subject for months) but awesome news all the same!

I'm really curious to see what it covers. The movie will be an original story, we know that much. It would be criminal not to do the Golden Week Arc but that'll pretty much require 25 episodes by itself and they haven't done the set up stories yet...

Quote:
i don't consider the 2nd season real...it was more of reboot and kinda sucked compared to the first lol

I do like the first season, but the way it skipped around and messed with the timeline made things really awkward for the second season to follow-up on. A third season will be more of a proper sequel that moves the story forward. (Possibly in a big way, depending on what arcs they adapt.)
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I've been waiting to hear something about a third season since the second ended. Glad its happening sooner than later.
GracieMarie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Can't wait for it to come out!!! Very Happy
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
WOOHOO!!!! The greatest anime series of the 21st Century continues!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
People need to start buying the manga. Viz has slowed production to just two volumes this year. *_*

Still, I'm looking forward to a new anime. Hopefully, it is a FAITHFUL adaptation of the manga, which is what the 2nd series attempted to do.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
i like the first half of second season because of alot of Hinagiku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2