• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Demand Announces Next Three Simulcasts

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quote
Woo, you have Deadman Wonderland!

When do you expect to announce when they will go online?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
Nichijou, meh.

Well, with Steins;Gate and Deadman I'm good to go. In fact, I had already subscribed before they announced that because I was so sure they'd get Steins and Deadman.

Not happy, though. Hope they improve the negotiating side as time goes because 3 of those titles would be available here through CR. I'm quite happy with their site and player, and hopefully the simulcasts will truly be simulcasted.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I'm really glad you guys set this up Cool
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Nichijou, meh.

Well, with Steins;Gate and Deadman I'm good to go. In fact, I had already subscribed before they announced that because I was so sure they'd get Steins and Deadman.

Not happy, though. Hope they improve the negotiating side as time goes because 3 of those titles would be available here through CR. I'm quite happy with their site and player, and hopefully the simulcasts will truly be simulcasted.

I can only see 2 which would be Deadman Wonderland and My Ordinary Life.
Also backed up by this tweet:
Quote:
@Phantom2448 4 of our 6 simuls are exclusives, 2 we are sharing with CR Smile.
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
announcements are pointless if you dont say when you plan to show them.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
"We'll be announcing dates for STEINS;GATE, Nichijou and Deadman Wonderland soon, got a few minor details to clear with the committees first."
http://twitter.com/animeondemand/status/56378603818057728

Why is KazeUK's twitter feed embedded on the front of the site but AnimeOnDemand's is not?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
I've been wondering that aswell.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
I can only see 2 which would be Deadman Wonderland and My Ordinary Life.
Also backed up by this tweet:
Quote:
@Phantom2448 4 of our 6 simuls are exclusives, 2 we are sharing with CR Smile.

Nichijou is being streamed at CR for the UK. I can't be 100% sure, but at least most facts point out that CR would stream Steins Gate and Deadman to the UK if anime-on-demand wouldn't.

3 out of 4 was a mistake on my side as I didn't know they still had 2 other licenses.

In other words, 2 out of 6 are shared with CR (Nichijou and ?), another 2 out of 6 would be streamed at CR otherwise (most likely) (Deadman and Steins), another 1 out of 6 would never be available for stream legally in the UK (League of the Heroes), and the remaining 1 (?) could possibly (very low possibility) have been streamed for the UK assuming Funi picked up and allowed UK viewing on Youtube.
*question mark represents unannounced titles.

Of course I like the idea of the system being built in the UK, which is why I'll support it regardless of what's happening right now. I think it's fair enough to give them 1 year to prove themselves by buying an annual membership.
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
@egoist ~ Deadman Wonderland is on Crunchyroll for the UK too, that's the second shared one.

Quote:
Deadman Wonderland will be available in the following territories: North America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands,
Portugal, Middle East, and Africa.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
Oh. Completely mixed it up with Blue Exorcist. Yeah, just swap the numbers up there.

That's actually beyond expectations assuming the other 2 will be good titles like C, Azazel, shaft's loli, Moshidora or Toriko (putting aside follow ups and Blue Exorcist which is most likely going to CR).
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote
http://www.anime-on-demand.com/blue_exorcist ...
I'm curious as to why that's on the homepage yet the Facebook links doesn't bring up the UK at all. >_>
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Facepalm. Of course there was the possibility of CR picking it up but not streaming it here.

That brings the numbers back to 2/2/2 assuming the sixth isn't on CR. But I think Blue Exorcist is a special case.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
CR has had a Blue Alchemist page for a while which has been showing an unavailable in your region error so I've been fully expecting it to be on there and region locked. The "AoD stopped CR getting it for the UK" argument doesn't really hold when there's no problem with them sharing the 'cast with Viz and ANN, although we don't know how the rights are broken up etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Which is why I said Blue Exorcist is a special case. As for the other title (Steins;Gate), it's pretty obvious. But even assuming it really barred CR from streaming SG here, it's still a pretty good situation considering that I was expecting 3 out of 4.

Though I'm speaking with the mentality of someone who values short term benefit. If AoD does succeed then this discussion is pretty worthless.
kzandrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Nichijou is being streamed at CR for the UK. I can't be 100% sure, but at least most facts point out that CR would stream Steins Gate and Deadman to the UK if anime-on-demand wouldn't.

3 out of 4 was a mistake on my side as I didn't know they still had 2 other licenses.

Maybe CR would have streamed STEINS;GATE to the UK too if we weren't here - but I can confirm we'll be streaming it in the UK exclusively very soon.

The reason for delays incidentally is due to the situation in Japan, licensing was delayed causing this season to be difficult. I knew this but made the decision to push ahead anyway - once things begin they should start to run smoothly though as has been the case with Tiger & Bunny though.

egoist wrote:

In other words, 2 out of 6 are shared with CR (Nichijou and ?), another 2 out of 6 would be streamed at CR otherwise (most likely) (Deadman and Steins), another 1 out of 6 would never be available for stream legally in the UK (League of the Heroes), and the remaining 1 (?) could possibly (very low possibility) have been streamed for the UK assuming Funi picked up and allowed UK viewing on Youtube.
*question mark represents unannounced titles.

Of course I like the idea of the system being built in the UK, which is why I'll support it regardless of what's happening right now. I think it's fair enough to give them 1 year to prove themselves by buying an annual membership.

Nichijou and Deadman Wonderland are the two titles being shared by the way.

I'm thankful for your support too - drop me a line here or PM me and I'll send you my email to contact me directly on too Smile.

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly welcomed - but if it makes sense the long term goal is to bring all the industry in the UK together as this represents a clear opportunity to do something bigger than any one company could do on their own. It doesn't impact on the home video market greatly but provides opportunities for titles that would otherwise possibly fall through the net.

Looking forward to answering any further questions people have too!

Andrew,
Consultant - UK Business Development
Anime on Demand / Kaze
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2