• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation, Hulu to Stream Toriko TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
honestly, i hate the toriko anime. toei censored it so much it didn't even feel like toriko anymore so i wont be watching.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
What did they censor/edit from the first chapter?
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm still looking forward to the Toriko anime series!!!! Very Happy
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Childish introductory posts aside... Rolling Eyes

This was inevitable when you consider that the One Piece x Toriko special was also officially branded as episode 1 of Toriko and episode 492 of One Piece. Rather than FUNimation having to leave a gap between episode numbers, it was only smart for them to negotiate licensing rights for Toriko with Toei. After all, Toei trusts FUNimation. It's a given.

Last edited by KabaKabaFruit on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

well i mostly meant removed.basically its a remake of the ova but it removes all traces of blood,removed toriko's bada** smoking,toriko's beast (but for some reason it was in the opening...) and they changed a black guy to a white guy...i can understand the blood and smoking but the black guy has no excuse what so ever.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

The only thing that has been censored is the Violence (Tom being white instead of Tan was kinda weird too, lol), instead they've opted for (what I hope doesn't continue but probably will) where Toriko knocks the Galala gator up and hits him, then finishes with him falling into dust, in the manga (and the OVA special for that matter) he cuts him in half, and its blood is everywhere

That being said I REALLY hope they don't cut out all the violence, other then that its really not that bad so far
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this time something can be done for Canadian viewing. We got plenty of Toriko fans up here too, you know!
opn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I wonder if this time something can be done for Canadian viewing. We got plenty of Toriko fans up here too, you know!

well fractale and freezing were on youtube (correct me if im wrong) but then again considering one piece isn't on youtube it probably will only be available to US viewers...unless crunchyroll managed to work a deal out but i doubt it.but i will give toei the benefit of the doubt and see episode two and onwards.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least now it's a given that Toriko has been licensed by FUNimation as everyone predicted.

Now, we'll see how they do sub and dub wise.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote
If they do it the same as One Piece, then it'll be viewable to Canadian viewers for at least a few hours. They put it on their video server first and then hours later upload it to Hulu and take it off their video server.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

If it's like Funi's Noitamina, Freezing and other simulcasts, it might be posted to their YouTube channel, which is accessible in Canada. Though One Piece was one of the few streams they didn't simulcast on YouTube, so I imagine it's up to Toei.

Funi's also relaunching their website in the near future and beta-testing it at the moment- I'm hoping they'll go back to using their video player for some shows, as I'd used it in the past, and unlike their current mostly hulu setup, it was accessible in Canada.

Whatever happens, I imagine it'll eventually be given a run on DVD, which should be keen too.

re:Toriko's Wolf- well, it doesn't pop in the manga till Vol.4, so I'm assuming the show will follow that.

EDIT-- Megiddo, is that the case? I don't watch simulcasts often enough, so glad to hear that. Good to know so I can point it out to friends of mine who watch streams.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Confused I was hoping they would announce that they would be streaming the noitamina titles.... Hopefully the Toriko simulcast will be available in Canada
boznia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
It makes sense Funi would get Toriko, considering how much it's been promoted alongside One Piece. Good for them.
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Confused I was hoping they would announce that they would be streaming the noitamina titles....

Yeah... Sad, they may not have renewed their deal.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
boznia wrote:
It makes sense Funi would get Toriko, considering how much it's been promoted alongside One Piece. Good for them.
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Confused I was hoping they would announce that they would be streaming the noitamina titles....

Yeah... Sad, they may not have renewed their deal.

Isn't ANN streaming C? I seem to recall a few mentions, though no official threads. I think that's the title currently airing on Noitamina.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
@Paploo

noitaminA's "C" is being streamed by ANN only in Australia, I heard. No mention of its streaming for the US yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2