• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion movie question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:00 am Reply with quote
I didn't see this question asked anywhere else on the board, so here goes- What is the sequence of the EVA movies? Do they come afterwards, or somewhere in the middle (like in cowboy bebop) or just different retellings of the story (like escaflowne)? Which should be watched first?
I'm getting close to the end of the series, so if anybody could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. And please, no spoilers.
Thanks.
-Bruce Lee
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:04 am Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
I didn't see this question asked anywhere else on the board, so here goes- What is the sequence of the EVA movies? Do they come afterwards, or somewhere in the middle (like in cowboy bebop) or just different retellings of the story (like escaflowne)? Which should be watched first?
I'm getting close to the end of the series, so if anybody could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. And please, no spoilers.
Thanks.
-Bruce Lee

I think this is more suit for the main Anime Forum, but any hoot: TV Series, Death and Rebirth, The End of Evengelion comes at, well, the end. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:44 am Reply with quote
That's not entirely correct. Death is a condensed version of the first 24 episodes of the TV series, Rebirth and End replace the last two episodes.

Alternately, Rebirth and End are parallel to the last two episodes, but show different sides of the same story (i.e. the actual "action", while what's shown in the TV episodes are symbols of the characters' thoughts)

Quote:

I think this is more suit for the main Anime Forum, but any hoot: TV Series, Death and Rebirth, The End of Evengelion comes at, well, the end. :P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:18 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
That's not entirely correct. Death is a condensed version of the first 24 episodes of the TV series, Rebirth and End replace the last two episodes.

Yeah, a hour long flashback. Razz But still, it's better to watch the TV Series first. It's like watching only the flashback ep because your too lazy to watch the whole show, that and your going to miss out on something. That's why I put the TV Series before Death.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1