• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Poll: Biglobe's Most Popular Winter 2011 Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infjeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Funimation!!! Look at this list!!! Magical girls are in your future! Very Happy
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
A list where Oniichan no crap beat a bunch of better shows doesn't look very reliable to me.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, number 1 was obvious. Glad to see Yumekui Merry and Star Driver on their too. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
A list where Oniichan no crap beat a bunch of better shows doesn't look very reliable to me.

pretty much my opinion but then again alot of shows like bakuman and index aired last season.but im more angry at the fact letter bee is so low on the list even if it was from the fall season.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
IS is number 2? The show was OK at best. I watched it and enjoyed it, but no way was it better than half the stuff on that list, certainly not better than Index II, Gosick, Zombie, Star Driver, Merry, or Bakuman (along with some other shows that feel strangely out of order).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Right about where I'd put the shows I watched. Actually, that's how my top 4 looks like (after removing "IS" since I didn't watch it). Onii-chan no-long-title aka "how OreImo would be, if it were written by a perverted numbskull" should've sunk a little lower, along with Dragon Christ-this-show-sucks.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
lol you know Marvel comics turned into an anime is bad when it gets beaten out by Cardfight and Digimon Xros Wars. I'm actually a bit surprised to see Level E so low on the list and Onii-chan no Koto so high, not to mention Infinite Stratos. Not surprised to see Kimi ni Todoke and Tegami Bachi Reverse fall from grace though.
teferi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
IS is number 2? The show was OK at best. I watched it and enjoyed it, but no way was it better than half the stuff on that list, certainly not better than Index II, Gosick, Zombie, Star Driver, Merry, or Bakuman (along with some other shows that feel strangely out of order).

Emerje

This is based on popularity; not common sense or good taste.

Quote:

An internet poll puts an ecchi incest title above more deserving titles? Sounds like an obvious outcome when you think about who is probably answering the questions on these surveys.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
What I've seen so far of Star Driver makes me want to own it so bad. It's hilarious, weird, cool, and equal-opportunity fanservice galore!
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

It's all relative and therefore accurate. Wincest FTW

Unfortunately, if I understand correctly it seems to be like the last goo poll where the user was limited to just one choice, which makes for inaccurate indicators of preferences (there's no reason at all why you can't watch/buy/like a variety of shows at once).

FYI the page also breaks down the voting results among the 2,815 participants:
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/official/2782/
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quote
infjeff wrote:
Funimation!!! Look at this list!!! Magical girls are in your future! Very Happy

Hear, hear! Very Happy ...Huh, it seems like I said something like this in another thread. Oh yeah, I did.

The only new show that I've been bothered to watch past the first 2-3 episodes from this past season is Madoka. And considering how probably no series since... what, Wolf's Rain? Fullmetal Alchemist? Eureka Seven? Here and Now, Then or There? (actually saw that after E7.) Whatever it was, it has seriously been a while since I've been so genuinely moved or excited by a series... great to see its popularity continuously reinforced.

Not to count one's chickens before the eggs for them are even laid, but I'm really curious as to what an English voice-cast would be like for this. (sure hope there will be an English cast for this, whoever licenses this.) The last time that I personally saw a well-acted drama show whose cast is almost literally all young girls (and an extremely small cast at that), was, I think, Haibane Renmei... I have a very narrow idea about the good remaining VAs nowadays, especially female VAs. Thus, the only relatively new(?) female VA I can think of now is Maxey Whitehead...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Angel Beats actually did genuinely move me as well... that actually, physically made me cry more than once, heh. And then there's Elfen Lied that might've impacted me some years back, too...

Last edited by Animerican14 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
What is this? Some freaking sick joke?
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:
What is this? Some freaking sick joke?

No, more like the DVD/BD Japanese chart replicated.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

the poll looks right. it's similar to what people like on alot of online anime forums. yeah IS is very popular based on number of posts on IS topic. Nobody discusses Bakuman, Star Driver ... just say.

Bakuman and Star Driver both have 20+ eps, but IS and Madoka Magic have more longer threadsthan them.

The blu-ray sale will tell you the true story later.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
d-_-b zzzzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
If it weren't for Charlotte, IS wouldn't be number 2. This goes to show Moe runs the world. Gotta give credit to its robot fights too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4