• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Punie-chan's Ohwada to Launch Nietzsche Comedy Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote
This could be hilarious, I wished they had done more with their spoofs of famous works in Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, and this might grant my wish. Sadly it's in a manga that will never make it to America, but maybe they'll churn out an OVA or 2. I hope so, as the "Giant Insect" or the "Slave Dog of Flanders" couldn't have been anywhere near as hilarious in manga form.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Why does this Not Surprise Me At All? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I just remembered the "Freudian" mushroom in the Punie-chan omake, which will finally be dubbed(I hope) and released in America by MB.

That was hilarious, I might laugh myself to death on a show with even more content like that.

Just skip the manga step and go straight to OVA, don't put us through the wait.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
OH NOEZ!
A Japanese is adapting a Western work!
It'll be Japanized to hell! Laughing
Iritscen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Because the words "Nietzsche" and "comedy" just naturally go together in most people's minds.
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh Ohwada, why are you some awesome all the time?

Wonder if this Nietzsche manga will be MORE or LESS amazing than Former Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi battling zombie Super Saiyan Hitler on the moon with mahjong for the fate of the planet.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
Iritscen wrote:
Because the words "Nietzsche" and "comedy" just naturally go together in most people's minds.
Yep, after all--"Against boredom, the gods themselves fight in vain." (Nietzsche)
Quote:
Wonder if this Nietzsche manga will be MORE or LESS amazing than Former Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi battling zombie Super Saiyan Hitler on the moon with mahjong for the fate of the planet.
Ostensibly "MORE amazing" as mahjong is incredibly anti-climatic. Wrestling the unicorn for his magical unicorn phallic mushroom "horn" was far, far funnier. It's a crime that the original Media Blasters dvds did not come with those omakes. They'll be on the dubbed version; hopefully they will be dubbed.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quote
Having read a bit of Nietzsche, I think he would approve Smile Certainly his ubermensch ideal would not be bounded by some silly philosophical reverence
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping for a crossover with Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei .... "It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way one gets through many a bad night." - Nietzsche. Kafuka Fuura could be Friedrich's little neighbor!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1