• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Lover Gets 2nd Original Video Anime Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud668

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
L. isn't a game brand (although their subsidiary Ricotta, which is the studio that developed Princess Lover, is). L. itself specializes in erotic anime instead. I think we know where this is heading now. Rolling Eyes
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
Princess Lover, the anime was so ridiculous, as if a 15 or 16 year old boy can SUDDENLY infiltrate a building filled with terrorists. They had a good concept in at the start but it just turned into a cheezy nonsensical adventure series, an unoriginal one of all things.

Even the OVA was more plausible despite being a hentai. Assuming this new OVA is not a hentai, I hope its better than the series.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Even the OVA was more plausible despite being a hentai. Assuming this new OVA is not a hentai, I hope its better than the series.

Considering they gave Silvia one, I'm betting this one is hentai. Though I would much more prefer one with Seika.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
@TopGunman

I thought the same thing. The fact that the hentai OVA's plot is MUCH more plausible than the atrociousness that is the anime series says a lot about the lackluster quality of said title.

That said, it's still pretty and at least on the OVA's case it have a clear cut audience, the series was just all over the place and didn't achieve anything it was going for, be it humor or adventure or anything.

I would still prefer Seika/Yuu (even better if both of them) but at any rate, I don't think that even then this project would entice my curiosity that much, for that to happen they would need to trow in all the girls on the OVA and trow Teppei out of the window. A parallel universe where only girls where allowed to exist... that would be something worth watching!

Last edited by 711 on Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Another one eh? Should be interesting. I hope they give one or all of the other girls a shot next. Preferably, all since I really like all of the feamle characters from Princess Lover.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Assuming this new OVA is not a hentai, I hope its better than the series.

If you assume that this isn't hentai, then this is hopeless. Princess Lover's storytelling absolutely sucks.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Well, I would've thought that when the series started it would be centered on the basic plot of a commoner trying to be posh for royalty. That may have been done before...but not for harem anime so it could have been fresh execution concept. And hopefully the OVA just sticks to that, if it's not a hentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1