• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Layout peeves..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t0mnomnom

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Nothing major in the grand scheme of things, but I find the layout of the videos page incredibly grating. The main page is split into 3/4 fairly counter intuitive and seemingly unordered sections (which is a pain).

Also, when I click on the anime link, I have to scroll down to find the list of anime that seem to merge in with the "What's New" and "Expires Soon"...

Hope this is of some relevance to you.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying watching anime here, and intend to support this project beyond the first season! Smile)
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
(I hope this isn't necromancy. This didn't seem important enough to start a new thread about.)

I assume that thing at the top of the www.animenewsnetwork.com page (below the advertisements) is what's referred to as a marquee.

Could you provide links to the articles that get rotated through the marqee, maybe in the right margin of the front page, please? Even better, put a headline in the headline stream when the article is published? When scanning the page, it takes too long for the marquee to do its thing, and also it quickly disappears off the top of the screen.

I know that links to marquee articles often appear in the right margin of pages other than the front page. I think carrying that onto the front page would be great.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
If you mouse over the marquee, you can click through the different stories being highlighted in the bar that appears, and then click the big picture once you find what you're looking for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1