• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Naoki Urasawa's Monster Is Unleashed on VizAnime.com

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quote
Sort of good news for some, but now if they would release the entire series on dvd for those of us who can't watch it via the Internet or download it via the Internet and would like to complete our owned set and finish watching it! Please!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I could be wrong, but isn't this old news? All 74 episodes have been streaming on Hulu for months now, not long after the end of the Syfy cable broadcast last September!

Also, it's beginning its second run on Syfy May 19th at 2 AM, but it looks like it will be cut short by the (temporary?) end of anime on Syfy June 9th.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh wait, I get why this is news. Previously, only the DUBBED episodes were available on Hulu, while the SUBBED episodes now will be. Funny; FUNimation is scaling back on its online content, while Viz is expanding it!
mark_vuth

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote
is that a new anime series everybody?
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote
It's not new, but it is an excellent series. Vis released the first three volumes on DVD a while back and then apparently abandoned the rest of the release. Since then there has no mention of it by Vis until now, which has been very frustrating for those of us who are fans and want the rest of it.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Super.

Now how's about they unleash it on DVD... >_>
Toriko36

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:15 am Reply with quote
This is really great news. I am currently enjoying Urasawa's 20th Century Boys manga run that Viz is releasing and have wanted to get into the Monster anime/manga for awhile now.

Question for you Monster fans.

Has anyone here read all 18 volumes of the manga?

I want to get into the series, but I wonder if I should watch the anime, forgo the manga or read manga first, then visit the anime series.

Any suggestions?
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Super.

Now how's about they unleash it on DVD... >_>
Damn you, JC. Beat me to it. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
This is good news for me that is. I had finished reading the manga a couple months back. I'd been wanting to watch the series now but have had no success as every copy that I've tried to rent has been damaged in some way. Of course it doesn't help that the series was discontinued as far as sales go.
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:

I want to get into the series, but I wonder if I should watch the anime, forgo the manga or read manga first, then visit the anime series.

Any suggestions?

I have read the manga, but haven't seen all of the anime. Frankly, you probably wouldn't be able to read Monster right now, unless you into scans or you have a great library. Viz hasn't been reprinting certian volumes lately, so trying to get a hold of the entire series maybe difficult. I apologize if that has changed recently.

Personally, from the episodes I have seen, there's not really much of a difference between the two of them. It would matter which you take first or if you blow one off. Regardless, you should for sure check it out.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
Toriko36 wrote:

Any suggestions?

I have read the manga, but haven't seen all of the anime. Frankly, you probably wouldn't be able to read Monster right now, unless you into scans or you have a great library. Viz hasn't been reprinting certian volumes lately, so trying to get a hold of the entire series maybe difficult. I apologize if that has changed recently.

Personally, from the episodes I have seen, there's not really much of a difference between the two of them. It would matter which you take first or if you blow one off. Regardless, you should for sure check it out.

I have read that it is difficult to find all 18 volumes of the manga because Viz did stop printing re-releases of certain volumes. Though, I have to say, I am lucky enough were that my library has all 18 volumes of the manga. I think I may just read through the manga series and give the anime a try afterwards. Thank you for the feedback.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
I could be wrong, but isn't this old news? All 74 episodes have been streaming on Hulu for months now, not long after the end of the Syfy cable broadcast last September!

How have I managed to miss that? I had been watching Cross Game until its conclusion earlier this year, and I never noticed that Monster was there? I know I browsed through the anime... Oh well, now I can finish it since I stopped having cable part way through its first run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1