• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise's Horizon, Takashi Yamazaki's Friends Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to watching Horizon. Jun Fukuyama as the lead male (?), and other interesting female seiyuus such as Chiwa Saito. Cute girls and mechas, what a delicious combination. Laughing Hopefully it won't disappoint me but even if my expectations are not met, I would probably still enjoy it.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure this will be anything great. Its ketting little tiring from seen constant shows that are adapted from light novels and see them made big and predictable fan-service filler shows. Has anyone read Kyōkai Senjō no Horizon? I haven't but, is this spot on to what author wrote?
Mytopia

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:27 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm not sure this will be anything great. Its ketting little tiring from seen constant shows that are adapted from light novels and see them made big and predictable fan-service filler shows. Has anyone read Kyōkai Senjō no Horizon? I haven't but, is this spot on to what author wrote?

Have you even seen the trailer or know anything about this series? It's on a much bigger scale than any of the crappy moe shows you seem to be remembering rather well, and it's also a film adaptation, not a TV series. I don't see why the original medium should factor in at all, given that all kinds of light novels are made into live action AND animated stuff in Japan every year, and only a minor fraction of that falls into the "moe" or "excess fan service" categories.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote
For a moment I thought they made an anime for Friends
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1