• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hana-Kimi Manga Gets New Show with AKB48's Atsuko Maeda

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that's cool. I like Hana Kimi and am a huge fan of Horikita Maki, but the drama was pretty weak in my opinion-- I know dramas are supposed to adapt shoujo manga for more general audiences, but I think the liberties weren't very productive (except the Char Aznable scene!). Hopefully this will be better!!

....Acchan doesn't look like she can pass off a a boy any more than Maki did though, sadly. I guess Taiwan's Ella is the penultimate crossdresser.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would give Hana-Kimi an Anime instead. I loved the manga so much and would be all over seeing an animated TV series of it.

The LA wasn't bad though. It was pretty cute. So I might give the new show a looksie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
So they're plucking any singer to act now? This sounds like Justin Timberlake for Akira. Razz
poonk

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote
Really? Couldn't they find a property that wasn't already made into a drama (and recently), or are they hoping to ride on its coattails?

Anyway, if this is anywhere near as popular as the 2007 series (besides with AKB48 fans, obviously) I'll be surprised.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the original Japanese drama and just have to wonder as to why they're even bothering with this. The only way they can improve on the original would be if they actually followed the manga closely, but I doubt them doing this.

I think if I watch it I'll just be reminded on how much I miss the original cast.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:54 am Reply with quote
What?

I mean...what?

Whatever you do, nobody will surpass Ikuta Toma in playing Nakatsu. How can you pass perfection? Ugh... please just don't make the new Nakatsu dumb....

I agree with Rukiia, we need an anime adaptation of this!

Also, we need Viz to release the Hana-Kimi 'After School' omake manga volume! Please!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1