• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Book Retailer Schedules Hunter x Hunter Manga #28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redranger

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
Togashi needs to stop playing dragon quest and chain himself to his desk. Such a waste...
HJSoulma

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
Maybe Naoko has finally gone through with her threat and taken over for her husband...

(I'm not sure whether HunterxHunter gone Sailor Moon would be the worst thing ever or the best thing ever, but I'd like to see a chapter of it done that way. And then Togashi needs to get back to work.)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
Can we please get done with the ants and then wrap it up? I feel like One Piece is going to finish before HxH. Leorio, Kurapica, and Hisoka were my favorite characters, so I don't even really read it anymore Sad
Aara123

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this is a sign that he'll come back. Previously, he would do ten chapters or so, take a break until the volume came out, and then start up again.

Also, to the person above, if he ended the story after the ant arc, there would be way too many unanswered questions. I'd rather have to wait for a good ending than have a crappy ending now
skafreak51

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
Well good news guys, on the editor of Jump's twitter, he JUST said he had a meeting with Togashi-

"Meeting with TOGASHI-sensei(#Hunter×Hunter #YuYuHakusho, and more). It is always fun and stimulatining to talk with Togashi-sensei."

I think this is a really good sign. Here's his twitter, if you want
https://twitter.com/#!/SASAKI_Hisashi
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
Togashi needs to stop playing dragon quest and chain himself to his desk. Such a waste...

Have you ever considered that he might have a illness or some other issue he is dealing with? Also remember, he is not exactly a young person anymore. He is 45 years old, so give the man a break.

I have a friend that looks perfectly well, but up until recently had some major health issues.

Remember, he has a son and wife, so I doubt he is just playing around. He works when he is feeling well, but may not be able to work every single day for hours at a time anymore.

Remember, it's just a manga. There are plenty of opportunities to work on manga, but with your health, you may have a few chances to take of yourself and keep your self healthy.
sender

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
redranger wrote:

Have you ever considered that he might have a illness or some other issue he is dealing with? Also remember, he is not exactly a young person anymore. He is 45 years old, so give the man a break.

I have a friend that looks perfectly well, but up until recently had some major health issues.

Remember, he has a son and wife, so I doubt he is just playing around. He works when he is feeling well, but may not be able to work every single day for hours at a time anymore.

Remember, it's just a manga. There are plenty of opportunities to work on manga, but with your health, you may have a few chances to take of yourself and keep your self healthy.

Come on man, how much time have you been following HXH manga? that was the rumour of the first hiatus...
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
HJSoulma wrote:
(I'm not sure whether HunterxHunter gone Sailor Moon would be the worst thing ever or the best thing ever, but I'd like to see a chapter of it done that way.)

Chapter 299.

And about Togashi's condition - it's already been established that he doesn't have an illness. He said himself that he only likes drawing manga as a hobby. He and his wife are both mega rich, so it's not like he needs to draw manga to sustain himself. And he just had another child, so that's why this recent hiatus was so damn long.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Since Viz publishes HxH yearly now, us Americans can expect this in 2012, I guess.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Can we please get done with the ants and then wrap it up? I feel like One Piece is going to finish before HxH. Leorio, Kurapica, and Hisoka were my favorite characters, so I don't even really read it anymore Sad

Pretty much only the real fans are sticking by it at this point. People who are only in it for free have probably moved on to other free stuff. Laughing

Jaymie wrote:

And about Togashi's condition - it's already been established that he doesn't have an illness. He said himself that he only likes drawing manga as a hobby. He and his wife are both mega rich, so it's not like he needs to draw manga to sustain himself. And he just had another child, so that's why this recent hiatus was so damn long.

He's already in semi-retirement. Good for him at such so young. Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
sender wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
redranger wrote:

Come on man, how much time have you been following HXH manga? that was the rumor of the first hiatus...

I've been following Hunter X Hunter since Viz Media licensed the manga years ago. Some illness are long lasting or maybe in some cases, life long, so that is why I feel for the guy.

Remember, he is 45 years, so what ever happened to him, might have been serious enough for him to take some time off from this work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1