• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Damn, they didn't learn from the game's opening that most of the main heroines seiyuu can't sing!

Fun fact: this video has more female nudity than the whole Momoyo route (really, I'm serious, that route doesn't even have sex scenes). BTW Momoyo is the one with boobs the size of her head.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Jesus! Then what the hell's the point?

Joking aside (I hope at least), how would the dating sim aspect work for this? Is there an actual fighting component hidden somewhere? Is it like Sakura Taisen (Wars)?

So, is this a tv anime or ova?
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Jesus! Then what the hell's the point?

Momoyo's route is dedicated to protag trying to prove her that he's a man worthy of her, so those parts happen after the end of her route in extra scenarios that are unlocked after clearing her route.

prime_pm wrote:
Joking aside (I hope at least), how would the dating sim aspect work for this? Is there an actual fighting component hidden somewhere? Is it like Sakura Taisen (Wars)?

It's a pure visual novel without any fancy gameplay. It's mostly comedy, most routes have only one important battle and some sub-heroine/male character routes have no battles.

prime_pm wrote:
So, is this a tv anime or ova?

ANN wrote:
The official website of the Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! television anime is streaming the latest promotional video for the anime off the Nico Nico Douga website.

There is a translation project for the game. At the moment a patch for common route and Yukie route have been released and translation for Chris route is 98% complete.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote
Interesting fact: This series is also set in the same world of They Are My Noble Masters (Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de) since both series are based on visual novels made by the same company.

Even some of the cast of They Are My Noble Masters makes a cameo appearance!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
Watching that opening made me sick.......Why the hell did they decide to adapt this? I don't even know why the visual novel ranked so high in Visual Novel Database. Only hardcore fans of nudity and fanservice would love this.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 am Reply with quote
I could bounce around two reasons.

I actually saw the first episode of Noble Masters. And that was pretty much my opinion right there.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Watching that opening made me sick.......Why the hell did they decide to adapt this? I don't even know why the visual novel ranked so high in Visual Novel Database. Only hardcore fans of nudity and fanservice would love this.

So have you actually played even 10 minutes of the game? Or are you seriously basing your opinion of a 50+ hour visual novel on 2 minutes long clip that probably didn't involve anyone from the game's staff except the voice actors?

I think that 2ch's best eroge of 2009 did a pretty great job in explaining why this game is popular. The number of votes it received for its characters clearly beat rest of the character focused games. All of the its 40+ characters are great!

I really can't predict how much this will have fanservice, but based on the PV it will have more than the game. I think I covered this topic pretty well when this was announced.
4nBlue wrote:
As someone who has completed the game I would like to say that the game doesn't have that much fanservice and the fanservice is mainly for the sake comedy, so the likeliness of the anime being nonstop fanservice fluff is very low. BUT I would also have guessed that Yosuga no Sora would have had only few fanservice scenes and two implied sex scenes and that 11eyes would have only few panty shots, and I'm sure that anyone who has seen even one episode of those shows knows how wrong I was.

You just can't predict this stuff, especially with new animation studio and staff that has done all kinds of anime.

The game actually sometimes goes to pretty amazing lengths to avoid fanservice (at least for it's male readers). The trip to hot prings in the common route has absolutely no female nudity, and this is the only kind of fanservice you get.

Game's OP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1