• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's Kobato Manga to End in July

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
That means Clamp will have only one manga to work, Gate 7.......... could this mean they will also continue a series on hiatus? Shocked
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Hmm, that means Kobato would be the first series of theirs in awhile that would be ending under 10 volumes. Which might mean that CLAMP may give it a better ending compared to series like Tsubasa or xxxHolic. Cool.

And that would be nice, sainta. But they may also just be focusing on Gate 7 and the Blood-C anime, and not focus on any other projects. Although I'd love to see a continuation of one of their unfinished works (Clover, please? Or X, now that we're getting the re-released omnibuses?).
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Hmm, that means Kobato would be the first series of theirs in awhile that would be ending under 10 volumes. Which might mean that CLAMP may give it a better ending compared to series like Tsubasa or xxxHolic. Cool.

Just what I was thinking! I look forward to reading it. Anime catgrin
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

You forgot Tokyo Babylon. I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Aww...I'm going to miss 'Kobato'. I really liked the story. I wonder if the manga will go the same route as the anime did with regards to the ending.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

And that would be nice, sainta. But they may also just be focusing on Gate 7 and the Blood-C anime, and not focus on any other projects. Although I'd love to see a continuation of one of their unfinished works (Clover, please? Or X, now that we're getting the re-released omnibuses?).

What with recent events, I'm kind of doubtful that CLAMP will be continuing X anytime soon. I think I've heard that they plan to get back to Legal Drug after xxxHolic finishes.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
So this series is going to be around 6 volumes long? Guess it means I'll be buying it after all then Very Happy

I would love it if they continued one of their older series. Any manga will do just please finish what you started >.<
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I really hope they start something they need to finish! Anything... I also wonder how Kobato will end? I did enjoy the anime ending.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
[quote="sainta"]
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.

The reason they don't want to finish X/1999 is because the editors are afraid of the graphic scenes, not to mention the recent disaster that happended.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Yay. Another CLAMP manga that got to have an ending. Hopefully it won't be a load of shit like xxxHolic and Tsubasa.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I figured it was close from what I've read of translations. Smile

Anime hyper It means I won't have to re-adjust my CLAMP manga stacks when they all are released in English. Haha, limited shelf-space and Tsubasa takes up a LARGE section... >.<

I really would like to see them continue one of the hiatus series but asking for X is probably pushing it though I wish they'd just get it done with. Clover could really be left as it is... so Legal Drug would be nice to see continued.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Lizzie_B"]
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.

The reason they don't want to finish X/1999 is because the editors are afraid of the graphic scenes, not to mention the recent disaster that happended.

I meant that Tokyo Babylon did not have a proper ending. Readers who wanted to what was going to Subaru had to go through all the X manga, where he became a secondary character. I wish it had a proper continuation with just an adult and darker Subaru doing his works while following Seishiro.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

You forgot Tokyo Babylon. I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.
I haven't finished Tokyo Babylon yet. =P I only recently bought the last five volumes I needed, but they are currently sitting in paper bags with the rest of my collection waiting for a new shelf and unable to be read until I'm done with my current series. So I have no idea how the series ends yet - I did know it continued on into X, but I haven't even read that series yet to find out how. Anime hyper
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
totally weird :/ i was reading my Kobato manga this morning and thought to myself "i wonder when they'll finish it? how much more could they possibly write about?" and then this happens Anime hyper

[quote="sainta"]
Lizzie_B wrote:
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

I meant that Tokyo Babylon did not have a proper ending. Readers who wanted to what was going to Subaru had to go through all the X manga, where he became a secondary character. I wish it had a proper continuation with just an adult and darker Subaru doing his works while following Seishiro.

but...the ending in Tokyo Babylon.. that WAS the ending. and then in X spoiler[Seishirou died and Subaru becomes a Dragon of Heaven. and of course Hokuto is already dead] so there's not a whole lot left to turn it into a happy ending....as unsatisfying as that may be, thats what CLAMP decided on.

I personally loved the cute optimistic Subaru, so watching more angsty adventures with emo Subaru would just make my little heart break :<

there's always the live action Tokyo Babylon that features "adult" Subaru chasing Seishirou. Nanase Okawa wrote the script for that, so it sorta counts Anime hyper

the only continuation for TB i'd want to see is if Seishirou just pops out of no where and is like "I was just kidding! Lets go make out" "ok!" "Hokuto's waiting in the car" "awesome!" then Subaru throws away his cigarettes and they drive into the sunset.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Lost track of Kobato, I will probably dare to search for it again, and I would really like for them to pick up legal drug or continue Clover, the X mess isn't going to be solved anytime soon considering the earthquake but I will still be wishing... it got on Hiatus a little after I became a manga fan... and I am still waiting Sad

sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

Well it was explained on X that Subaru got into blue screen of death mode before he finally snapped out of it and by that time X started rolling. The flashback to that time we actually see is his side story on x and that is it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2