• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Game Designer/Animator Yoshiteru Tsujino Loses Wife, Son

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Geez, that must be a really horrible thing to come home to. I don't know how some people can take the life away from their children. I hope it was just some kind of leak or something. Regardless I feel bad for him, that's like the worst thing that can happen to somebody.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This calls for Edogawa Conan.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
oh gods, that has to be traumatizing. having recently lost a family member myself (and being the one who found them unresponsive) I can really empathize with the dude.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
That is HORRIBLY sad news.

I'm guessing some sort of gas leak accident. Possibly carbon monoxide (though they did say they smelled some gas... so maybe not). I can't imagine why she'd try killing herself and taking her son with her.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God, that's terrible. My prayers go out to him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Given the average size of japanese apartments it wouldnt take much gas to cause a fatal accident so the police claiming otherwise sounds abit suspect....something tells me this isnt the last we'll hear about this tragic accident(which given the placement of bodies it more than likely was).
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Aww damn... My heart goes out to him. That's a horrible thing to come home to...
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if there's more to this story ie his wife. The first thing I thought of was...murder-suicide?
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
This is very sad to hear. I don't know what to say about this. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
I'm guessing some sort of gas leak accident. Possibly carbon monoxide (though they did say they smelled some gas... so maybe not).

Yeah, I thought CO was odorless. I connect rotten eggs to sulfur.

In fact, the first google result for "rotten eggs smell" was hydrogen sulfide, which apparently occurs in natural gas.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this is proven to be just some freak accident and not anything intentional on the wife's part. The best scenario out of a terrible circumstance, I know, but at least in that event it would mean this tragedy wasn't deliberate.
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote
AS SOMEONE WHO WORKS WITH NATURAL GAS by profession, the odorant added to natural gas is t-butyl mercaptan, which gives it the odor of rotten eggs. When gas is processed at facilities a process called amine gas treating is used to remove hydrogen sulfide, which is a natural occurance in some gas wells. Remember the old days when people would kill themselves by sticking their heads in an old gas oven? However, this stuff has been removed from gas for quite some time. And if you have ever lived in a home heated by natural gas you can get used to the smell of the odorant after a time as there is usually some seeping from pilots and valves with deteriorated gaskets.

More than likely a pilot or a purge vent opened and flooded the area with gas lowering the oxygen content in the room. By the time someone relaized what was happening it was too late.
cche7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Yikes, my heart goes out to him. It's always difficult to love a family member, but to lose two. I should know, I lost my brother recently and it's been difficult to deal with.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
.. i don't have any words for this.. dammit that has to .. shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Erilea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
I feel so sorry for the guy. I don't know how I would have reacted in that kind of situation. Now my biggest concern is how it's possible that in was a murder-suicide. A mother just wouldn't kill her own kid. Regardless, this really sucks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2