• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Dragon Ball series: Dragon Ball Hoshi.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFan8719

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, it seems we've moved past AF and on to Hoshi. lol Random people on forums have started talking about Dragon Ball Hoshi, a new series supposedly coming out soon in both manga and anime format. Wikipedia has been edited with this information, without a source. I suppose that's the downside to an encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Heres's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball#Dragon_Ball_Hoshi And here is the text incase it gets removed:

Quote:
Akira Toriyama is rumor to be making a new Dragon Ball series alongside mangaka Naho Ooishi, The creator of the 2008 Dragon Ball Z special "Yo! son goku and friends return". called, Dragon Ball Hoshi. Ooishi will be making a manga that continues the Z Manga past the Buu saga. It will have a newly designed Super Saiyan 4, and even a Super Saiyan 5. Akira Toriyama will be assisting her and backing off. The events in japan (earthquake, tsunami) slowed this down now Toriyama is taking care of that. It's rumor to be out later this year or early 2012

This source is what got this rumor started...
http://goku9.deviantart.com/journal/40799753/
ethanftw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFan8719 wrote:
Well, it seems we've moved past AF and on to Hoshi. lol Random people on forums have started talking about Dragon Ball Hoshi, a new series supposedly coming out soon in both manga and anime format. Wikipedia has been edited with this information, without a source. I suppose that's the downside to an encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Heres's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball#Dragon_Ball_Hoshi And here is the text incase it gets removed:

Quote:
Akira Toriyama is rumor to be making a new Dragon Ball series alongside mangaka Naho Ooishi, The creator of the 2008 Dragon Ball Z special "Yo! son goku and friends return". called, Dragon Ball Hoshi. Ooishi will be making a manga that continues the Z Manga past the Buu saga. It will have a newly designed Super Saiyan 4, and even a Super Saiyan 5. Akira Toriyama will be assisting her and backing off. The events in japan (earthquake, tsunami) slowed this down now Toriyama is taking care of that. It's rumor to be out later this year or early 2012

This source is what got this rumor started...
http://goku9.deviantart.com/journal/40799753/

If this is true, I will shat bricks. A continuation of arguably one of the best anime series of all time, would be absolutely amazing.
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd love for this to happen, it seems fishy to me. It'd be good timing though, what with Kai reigniting fan interest in DBZ. As long as it isn't similar to Gt I'll be happy, although honestly I thought the way everything ended was a good place to stop.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not buying this. I think someone just made it up to have a AF repeat.

Besides, I'm sure ANN would have gotten word of this first and posted an article about it. I don't believe internet rumors unless ANN has said something first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
No way is this true. DBZ has been done for a long time now, and while I can't say it went out particularly well (*cough* GT *cough*), the story is certainly done. This sounds like wishful thinking to me.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
every few years a rumor goes around that there will be a new Dragonball series of some sort. Also, quoting wikipedia does nothing to merit any truth to this at all. There are many articles there that are just made up and just wrong. I cant't take something that was dated back from may 23rd and now suddenly this goes public? I'm sorry but this would have been huge news if it was more then just a rumor. Also to debunk this even further. The moment this news came out Funimation would have been all over it! Making it known to everyone possible. This is their cash cow, no way this would just be news on deviant art.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylerr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
No way is this true. DBZ has been done for a long time now, and while I can't say it went out particularly well (*cough* GT *cough*), the story is certainly done. This sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Done for a long time? They just redid the series with the kai crap.

Also there is still tons of money to make off it, i know i would personally rather see something about dragonball then most of the fanservice dribble they they throw out there today.

And who doesn't want to see SS4\SS5, i know i do.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quote
The only reason why this is an AF repeat is because you people are talking about it. It's absolutely unsourced and baseless, and just plain reeks of bullshit. I mean, seriously guys. :/

And besides, to my knowledge, AF did happen. ...It was a doujin, I think. Laughing I'm not sure, it was a long time ago.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Toriyama said he was done with Dragonball. End of story
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I totally doubt it.

As for GT, I dont even count that. Ugh. And Kai was a waste.

You know what, I think a new manga could be a good thing, it would get rid of the bad taste that GT and Kai left.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote
People hated Kai?
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Maybe not hated, but "was disappointed". Too great hopes to be fulfilled.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Kai wasn't *bad*, but I greatly prefer the original series, even with all the filler. I can FF through filler, but if something is removed via editing, there's no way to get it back. I thought that, as a result of Kai's edits, a subtle something was lost from the series, so I stopped buying it.
rossGough

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote
This kinda sounds like the whole AF thing again. Also, with 'hoshi' meaning star, it at least sounds like sense is being made with the whole universe thing.

I would be ecstatic for a new Dragonball series, as Z was, like many others, the first anime I got into when I was young. I'd get up at six in the morning to record that days episode on video so I could watch it half an hour earlier than when it was shown on TV after school... Razz

Tylerr wrote:
And who doesn't want to see SS4\SS5, i know i do.

As much as I would love to see this, I can't help but think that all people ever talk about is different forms of Super Saiyan when a new series is rumoured. Why would this be something Toriyama would focus on revealing though, as opposed to proper plot?
BossPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Jezus if they really make a new Dragon Ball series it will be crazy. This was insanely popular anime in Poland hundreds of kids used to gather around TV at the same time to watch it. I think some old timers who stopped being interested in anime are going to go back just to watch this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4