• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interesting Advertisement

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anymouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
To my knowledge, Manabi Straight was not licensed. But Anime Nation had an ad on this page just 18 Minutes ago with the characters pictured. Odd, isn't it?

There is also this picture on the Anime Nation website

P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I was searching around on AN's site looking for what DVD release had those characters. I was frustrated when I couldn't find it, and lo and behold it's Manabi Straight and it's not licensed. The characters are so cute and I'd love to buy it on DVD just for that reason. Why are they teasing me like this?

I even made an avatar from part of the image (the redhead), but I'm not using it on ANN yet.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they heard from somebody that it is licensed? Possible, but doubtful. I couldn't say I liked Manabi Straight, but I was never much interested in Strawberry Marshmallow either.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
They've been using that image since at least April going by comments on the forum there. Aside from the fact that I don't see FUNi getting Manabi Straight, if an unannounced license had been 'outed' like this I'm pretty sure the ad would have been pulled by now (wasn't there a case when an Aniplex US ad at the bottom of this site showed images from a title they hadn't announced, and they swiftly vanished? FUNimation has also gagged MangaUK more than once)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1