• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gainax's Dantalian no Shoka Anime Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironwokmonster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 am Reply with quote
If it isn't bland, it may be interesting. I'm guilty of liking shows like this, ( hakushku to yousei was pretty bad, but i looooved it)I think I'm just infatuated with the atmosphere and setting
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well, this looks like it could be some good clean fun! I'm a sucker for GAINAX, so if this gets a simulcast I'll definitely check it out.

What's going on in the OP's title, though? "Tomorrow, never knowing"?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
That is a GAINAX production? I would not have guessed it by looking at it.

Will be interesting to see how much separation it can get from Gosick. While it does seem to be adding a more decidedly supernatural element, it gives off much the same initial vibe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
soft-n-fluffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Is this the steampunk anime that GAINAX mentioned almost a year ago?
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is relevant to my interests. Very Happy
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
This looks mildly interesting. Although I could happily go the rest of my life without ever seeing another "gothic" cutesy little girl character again.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Will be interesting to see how much separation it can get from Gosick. While it does seem to be adding a more decidedly supernatural element, it gives off much the same initial vibe.

Yeah from the voice actress to the bibliomania, it does seem rather, uh, "in keeping" with that show.
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
This looks mildly interesting. Although I could happily go the rest of my life without ever seeing another "gothic" cutesy little girl character again.

At least, this time they actually did get famous lolita fashion label "Baby, the Stars shine bright" ("Alice and the Pirates") to do the designs of the clothes
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
If it's a GAINAX series, chances are it's getting licensed, This show I can already tell looks like it will be fantastic.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'll be passing. GAINAX adaptations rarely ever hold to the standard set up by their original stuff. Kare Kano and Mahoromatic are probably their best two... and that's only if you count the first 2/3 or so of Kare Kano. Maybe Nadia as well, but I haven't read 20,000 Leagues to know how tight or loose of an adaptation that is.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

You and me both Key, at first I thought it was from another company, but then I read it was from Gainax.

Though I haven't really seen Gosick (other than hear/read about it here) I don't know if they are similar or what not, but based on the trailer, all I can say is that I didn't really expect this to be from Gainax.

It's been a while since I last really watched a Gainax series (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi was really the last "current" Gainax sereis I last watched) but they really haven't changed all that much since 2002.

I did also see Mahoromatic, but boy was that some time ago. I think I watched back when Geneon(back when they were in business) might have still been Pioneer, which seems like a long time ago.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
It looks interesting enough to check out once it's available. I may be a good change of pace from the usual stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1