• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters March Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Looks like almost everyone has hope onto the manga bandwagon.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Only Media Blasters began their "hop" last month. They're off to a good start. So far I've liked what I've seen.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
What manga has they licensed so far? I think I miss this in the front page and thier website is confusing to nevigate.

Del RAy, DC, ADV and so far Del Ray seem to be the most solid, even though they screw up big time with Negima when they switch translater.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Media Blaster's website is...they should change it because I go to other sites to find out the release dates for their stuff since the site makes no sense whatsoever.

Umm, well you can click on the companies link to your left and weed out the manga that they've licensed. Pilgrim Jager is the only one sticking out in my head at the moment. Hmm..they also have Kamunagara (reviewed in this latest RTO) and Skyscrapers of Oz (reviewed in the last RTO), which is a yaoi title.

I'm interested in seeing what Bandai is going to do with their supposed manga line.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:56 am Reply with quote
For some reason, I haven't really noticed the releases of Media Blasters. I think part of it could be that they haven't really licenced something that's huge in Japan. Perhapse they can't really afford something big. The quality of the work is all that matters and I guess they have some good products (I'm going by what Liann has said about them), but I'm concerned that they may not be able to compete with other companys who an bring over the big name matterial, or already has a name to sell their product by. As for Bandai, I think they will try to do alot of series that have animes to go with them. I'm eager to see what the Scrapped Princess manga is like since I really love the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1