• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippuden: Bonds Film to Premiere in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else smell a November/December premiere on Disney X.D.? (They aired the first Naruto Shippuden movie on May 15th, but I'm not sure when its theatrical run was.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Finally the dub for this comes D=!
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Does anyone else smell a November/December premiere on Disney X.D.? (They aired the first Naruto Shippuden movie on May 15th, but I'm not sure when its theatrical run was.)

The first Naruto shippuden movie didn't even have a theatrical run, at least not to my knowledge it did.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
This movie was better than the first Shippuden movie, but it really, really spit in the face of canon story. I know these movies tend to take a lot of liberties, but the stuff that happens in this movie would be impossible within the manga.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Aw, man, I wanna to know when the DVD version comes out, not when it premieres on Disney X D (it didn't say, but still...). I don't want to go through pain of watching the edited version on the broadcast. :/
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I had high hopes for the movie as a result of the trailers, but it left me a bit disappointed. It's one of the better Naruto movie though.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
This movie was better than the first Shippuden movie, but it really, really spit in the face of canon story. I know these movies tend to take a lot of liberties, but the stuff that happens in this movie would be impossible within the manga.

Emerje

That's sort of a shame to hear. From the premise I was expecting more of an expansion that would ultimately nod to where the TV series goes next, like what some of the fillers did to flesh out Anko's backstory.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Talesfan132

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I've been waiting for this to come out! Now, all we need is the third Bleach movie...Oh well, that'll take an eternity to come out....
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quote
I'll be waiting for the iTunes or DVD release Smile, NYC is too far away from me Sad, and there's no way in hell I'd ever consider watching the movie on "Disney Anime hyper" Mad.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:29 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Consider it a "re-telling." Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Consider it a "re-telling." Laughing

It pretty much is. This was really made for the Sasuke fans who couldn't bear to see him the dark side. Major Spoilers spoiler[Sasuke is far too nice in this movie. He doesn't have the same evil intent that he does in the manga, it's a totally different aura. He's actually fairly good to Naruto and helps him out way too easily. It's a lot like their early rivalry, he's cold, but not heartless and even has a consious.] It's going to be really strange for people reading the manga through Viz or watching the simulcasts. When this movie first came about Sasuke hadn't made much of an impact on the anime yet, but his personality is pretty well documented now, it doesn't work so easily.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1